• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Help : Importing Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi, i have recently imported some models that i have downloaded, they worked for about 3days and then a few of them stopped loading.
Anyone know what this might mean?

Any Information would be of help, Thank you
Leena
:cute:

Level 9
mabye the textures.
Or maybe the paths were modified.
It is for sure that the models cannot stop loading out of the blue.

Level 4
They haven't been modified, they simply stopped loading for some utterly weird reason. :cry:

Level 9
why don't you post the links to the models to see if other people will have the same problem?!

Also, you could delete the imported models, and import them again.
Do the models load in editor, or they just won't appear in game?

Level 4
:cute:
Hi, thanks for trying to help,
one of the models that won't load is one from this site called WitchoftheNight, i just tried looking for the link to her in the model's section of the hiveworkshop and she isn't there :O!

i tried re-importing already but it doesn't make a difference :cry:
and they don't load in the editor or in-game.

I have been wanting to ask this question..........................
it might make me look stupid but if i don't ask i will be troubled for the rest of my life, here goes......
*BREATH*!!
okay, is there a limit to how much i can import?, like if i import more that will make the other models not load? :confused:

Sorry for being clueless :zip:

Level 15
Well don't know if there is a size limit on WC3 maps, but if you've reached that limit you must've made a huge map, size-wise.
Otherwise take an extra look on the paths, all models etc. Perhaps you have imported another model, that uses the same in-game textures and perhaps have overwritten your textures?

Good luck :S

Level 9
don't worry, i've once made a 70 MB large map.
You can import as many things as you want, no problem.

PS: post the map (or make a new blank map and import the models in it) here, meybe someone can figure it out.

Level 4
Revolve + sadvisor - +rep to the both of you for being helpful

and i will look into the things that you guys have listed,
Thank you for the advice. :thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.