• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] (Help!) Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello Community!

Here I am again with an old Problem, that I thought, I solved.

I am working on a patrol Trigger and... it works... more or less.
The Patrol itself works fine... but... and that's, where I stuck at the moment, I did the trigger with a Loop... sure... the Units should patrol from the beginning from the map on, till they get killed.
But that's the problem: How can I make the loop... well... infinite? So that it wont end till the units die?

I couldn't find a infinite number or a string for that, so I tried to fix it with using two triggers, that will turn on and of themselfs, if a Integer reaches a specific number... But that doesn't work too... so, can anybody please help me?

How can I make it Infinite? Or how should the two triggers should look like in basic?

Please help me!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
JASS:
loop
//code here will be repeated infinitly unless a thread crash occurs such as the oplimit is hit.
endloop

Once a unit is ordered to patrol the order should remain until the unit dies. Only if the unit is hit by abilities that order cancel should you have to refresh its patrol order.

Level 3
Ok... briefly: I checked out the Timer - Periodic Event and placed in in the trigger and... I couldn't test it yet... but I will as soon as possible! Anyway: This looks pretty good.

To the Jass Code: I don't use Jass. Jass is complicated and I think... for 1 or 2 maps I will make... maybe... jet just working on one, Jass is not necessary. It would take me much longer to learn Jass than to figuer out the trigger system in the editor...

But anyway: Thank you! Both of you! I will write later if the trigger works now.

Status
Not open for further replies.