• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Help with abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi i was wondering if u guys could help me with an ability i am triying to create.Basicllly it works like the personal cloak,one button turns it on while another button turns it off,it also drains energy over time,but instead of cloaking my unit i want it to give it the radar from the sensor tower and turn my unit into a detector(can see cloaked and burrowed unit).Even though i dont fully know how to use the galaxy editor i made some new abilities before,so i might understand your instructions.Any help would be strongly appreciated.Thanks in advance.

Level 2
Try using the ghost cload ability but with the buff changed to make the unit a detector.

but how?coz i created a behavior (based on the cloak behavior)and enabled the flags radar and detector and disabled the flag cloak,but when i test it the unit still cloaks,it doesnt drain energy and does not have a radar or turn into a detector :S

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Debug it and find out why. Where does it start going wrong? Why does it not do what it should?

StarCraft II is mostly logical but has some annoyances. An example is if you try to change ownership of a unit using effects it will only change to the effect caster even if you specify otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.