• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. đź”—Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! đź“… Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! đź”— Click here to enter!

[General] Help with changing Reforged campaign faction colours - not sure where to save modified map

Level 1
Hi there!

I'm new to this forum and figure it's the best place to get some help 🙂

As stated in the title, I'm trying to change the campaign faction colours in the Reforged edition.

I've already added custom triggers using the editor.

I'm prompted to save the changes to a new map - I can't overwrite them (which I do understand). I've tried to save them in the Current User / Documents / Warcraft III / Maps directory. but nothing happens. Also, I've noticed the directory is empty - where are the campaign maps located?

None of the existing guides mention where to save the modified map.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Level 21
Campaigns are stored in CASC archives (used to be MPQ and it was somewhat easier to navigate), the important thing is that they're just not loose files somewhere in the WC3 directory alas.

In your case you'd need to recreate the campaign piecemeal via the campaign editor (F7), adding each map with your changes, then you can save it in Documents > Warcraft III > Campaigns and it should appear in your custom campaigns list ingame