• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

help with custom abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Well first off, I should say that I'm using ROC, not TFT. I do have TFT, but the people I like to play with are all on ROC.

Im having some problems with my map. When I try to make custom skill, or adjust stats of regular ones, it doesnt work. I am editing the AbilityData.slk file. When i place it in a units folder in the warcraft 3 folder, i can see the skill show up in editor, though it gives a message when i start up the map "referencing unknown database field: units/(data)". The biggest problem though is when i import the file into my map with winmpq, it crashes the warcraft whenever i load up the game to play.

by the way, it even crashes, when i dont edit the slk file, though it loads up fine when i import it into other maps. im assuming theres something in my map, but i have no idea how to fix it.

Level 1
Maybe more info would help. This crash happens when I include the AbilityData.slk file in my map. I have seen other maps with altered values of the spells, with the same slk file in their map run fine on my comp.
When I try to load my map up with the slk file in it, it crashes with the error message:
Fatal Error, c0000005 Memory could not be read

I made a test map with standard units and no triggers, just threw in a couple units and start locations, and when i included the slk file, the same crash happened.

anyone know what the problem is? and how do i fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.