• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Hero Light problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
i am currently making a map which involves normal unit model as heros.
(ex. i hav the marine as a hero)
Though i hav gotten this imported file that shows a light under them to make it look like it is a hero
(the light under most hero's is the players color)
my question is how can i get it to work?

so far the only possible way i cud do is hav it as a ability
(brilliance aura for ex.) and create a buff, using the Glow.mdx as a target attachment. Then use that buff on the ability. Everything works fine but when it is ur hero, u hav that stupid ability that holds the light. I need to find a way where it doesn't hav to be in ur hero abilitys.

still confused? then just ask me what what the problem is... REALLY NEED HELP AND I"M SURE THIS WILL HELP ALL unit model Hero's to look more Heroey! I'll be glad to send or tell anyone where to get the Glow.mdx if anyone helps me...

Level 5
Chopsticks420 said:
i am currently making a map which involves normal unit model as heros.
(ex. i hav the marine as a hero)
Though i hav gotten this imported file that shows a light under them to make it look like it is a hero
(the light under most hero's is the players color)
my question is how can i get it to work?

so far the only possible way i cud do is hav it as a ability
(brilliance aura for ex.) and create a buff, using the Glow.mdx as a target attachment. Then use that buff on the ability. Everything works fine but when it is ur hero, u hav that stupid ability that holds the light. I need to find a way where it doesn't hav to be in ur hero abilitys.

still confused? then just ask me what what the problem is... REALLY NEED HELP AND I"M SURE THIS WILL HELP ALL unit model Hero's to look more Heroey! I'll be glad to send or tell anyone where to get the Glow.mdx if anyone helps me...

Ok first of all ,, Marine is neutral and neutral hero glow is white,,you hardly see a white glow as it on neutral hostile or passive,, yep if you add it on hero with abillities then you have the buff there on your hero,,there are so many ways to make this work perpect without addin it on with ability,,try these will see you like the way it is,,
try it with the triggers
Events
A unit enter playable map
Conditions
Unit type of entering unit equal to Marine
Actions
Special Effect - Create a special effect attachs on Origin of Marine using war3import\Glow.mdx

this will add glow to marine whenever he enter the map

or you can try with this on items for ex,, item name is Glow.
Event
A unit acquires an item
Condition
Or any Conditions are True
Item type of item being manipulated equal to Glow
Actions
If All Conditions are true then do then actions else do else action
If Conditions
Hero manipulated item equal to Marine
Then Actions
Special Effect - Create a special effect attachs on Origin of Marine using war3import\Glow.mdx
Hero - Drop item being manipulated from Hero manipulated item
Item - remove last droped item
Else Actions
Hero - Drop item being manipulated from Hero manipulated item
Item - remove last droped item

this trigger will add glow to Marine when he acquire Glow item and only with Marine, after add glow marine will drop that item and remove item from the game.. if you wanna remove glow then you have to make a variable for last creat special effect then destroy it. ya in a bad luck cause you pick neutral for hero,,neutral only has white glow you hardly see,,so good luck with these triggers, cause these are the ways that the Marine (neutral) get hero glow with out Buff/ability ,,if you have any problem with triggers you can email me and ask,, [email protected]

Level 2
thanx man i think i'll try the the trigger one w/o the item idea, since the hero needs all the item slot space he needs, and i'm pretty sure that'll work but i guess i never thought of it that way...

Level 5
Chopsticks420 said:
thanx man i think i'll try the the trigger one w/o the item idea, since the hero needs all the item slot space he needs, and i'm pretty sure that'll work but i guess i never thought of it that way...

yep i think try the 2nd triggers with item is the best way,, when marine acquire item the trigger will add him glow and drop item from him also remove the item from the game,,,so your hero still got 6 slots try it if anything seem weird,,and come back and ask.

Level 2
the point what i really wanted is not hav the player pick up the item in order for the light/glow work, it shud already be under the hero since ur training/buying the hero when he enters the map or revives...
another thing is that i hav a macintosh, and since i did check at the WEU site there isn't a version for mac... :(

but thnx anyways, pretty sure i can now figure it out with the first suggestion u made, the "A Unit enters map" trigger shud work

Status
Not open for further replies.