• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Hive Workshop Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
HiveGrandPrix.jpg

The idea of the Hive Workshop Grand Prix contest is to create a good-quality working map and to attract people to here.
We all know the Azeroth Grand Prix made by Blizzard Entertainment. Now it's the time to create a better and more creative
version of this wonderful map idea. You gonna make a new race map !

Rules

• Any work on the map must be done during this contest is running.
  • The map must be made by 1 or 2 person, teams are allowed but maximum of 2 members each team.
  • You have to introduce yourself of joining this contest, so I do not want to see jumping people into 1 members work for help,
    so if you start of, say that you work alone or with teamwork of 2.
  • The map should be playable up to 12 Players, if you do less, you gonna lose points for it.
  • Do not steal anything of other maps !
Permitted Files

• You can download all permitted models for the contest within the zip file which I attached to this Thread.
  • You can use the Azeroth Grand Prix which should be already on your computer ...\Warcraft III\Maps\FrozenThrone\Scenario.
  • In addition, you can use Sound or Music files, with prober credits.
Deadline & Prizes

• You have 10 weeks from the beginning of this contest, judging and voting gets into a new Thread after its end.
  • 1: 100 Reputation
    reputation_1pos.gif
    and an Award Icon, for example like this one :
    zephyraward1_s.gif

2: 60 Reputation
    reputation_1pos.gif

3: 30 Reputation
    reputation_1pos.gif

All others who gets an entry will get 10 Reputation
    reputation_1pos.gif

Qualification & Credits

• You have to submit your entry before the deadline expires.
  • Your map should be playable.
  • No additional models/skins should be used !
  • Do not reterrain the Azeroth Grand Prix !
  • ---------------------------------------------------------------------
  • I want to thank Blizzard Entertainment for the map idea and the basic system.
  • And special credits going to Mc ! for his additional Model Cars which fits in this contest.
Judging

• The winner will be decided by 50 % of the judging team and by 50 % of a public voting over one week.
    The team judges based on:
  • Terrain
  • Triggering (Not included what's getting copied of Azeroth Grand Prix,
    it won't be negative judged if you do so, but think of something new !)
  • Gameplay (How it's playing, laggy or not and the overall design)
  • Sound/Music (I hope you include something, it makes the map a lot better.)
  • Any unique things (If you come with something totally new ... it gives you additional points)
  • Preview Image (and loading screen, not needed !)

All judges can be staff member in addition.
  • Chaos
Submission

• If you want to write your Submission, do it with these information and files included which I'm going to list you now, otherway it won't be come in the judging and voting.
  • Name for the creator(s).
  • 5-10 Screenshots, no more or less.
  • Attached unprotected map.
Note: This thread can be modified at each time, so keep up to date !

Good Luck and may the best win !

Chaos

Attachments

• HiveGrandPrixModels.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Level 8
Sorry for double post, but I do no want to add it to the CONTEST DESCRIPTION, cause it may be copied to "The Arena"

Tell me what do you think of the idea of the contest in general and how I structured the preview of it, write it here or private message me, if you find any language faults, show me ... now I'm tired of creating this thread, it was a long way for me to it.

Contest Logo made by me. (nothing special, but it's fine for it)

Keep patient when I need to update/change it, and please do not approve this when I'm not finished with it.

Thanks ...

Chaos

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

So....what? We make a better race map than Grand Prix?

Level 8
So....what? We make a better race map than Grand Prix?

Well, the race map of Blizzard Entertainment is very basic in my opinion, there's a lot to approve the idea in a new map ?

I think it needs longer then a month to create it,
and ofcourse a better reward (more rep points).
This isn't simply creating one thing like a skin or something.

Ok ... updated.

10 weeks ?

1 - 100 +rep
2 - 60 +rep
3 - 30 +rep
all others - 10 +rep
Chaos

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

So just to be sure, we make a race map? It was difficult to tell from the first post.

Level 8
So just to be sure, we make a race map? It was difficult to tell from the first post.

Yes, a race map, so it says the theme ... changed it, may be confusing, thanks.

it is very professional though... it will be really hard to make something better then it

Would not be so interesting when it's not difficult, but if you never start of somewhere you will never get far, every beginning is difficult :thumbs_up:

What I wish throught this, it's played in B.net, it's getting through the whole Hive Workshop, the news etc. everyone is waiting to see it finished, I want it to get attraction on other pages, that something really great started here ... don't you think so, too ?

Chaos:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 8
why dont we do this this way: map is 0. Every user adds something his. system,model,skin... or terrain areas. It would be great to be made by pro users from hive :) i would like to create a movement system btw

Sounds intersting as well, discuss it in here, I'm OFF for 2-3 days, so keep it clear of spam and no flaming about this topic, thank.

Chaos

Level 36
I think that would be a neat idea, so each member could add something to the map... the only problem is the many version hassel... if we were to do that, then we would have to pass the map around so that people could work on it one at a time, otherwise things would get very complicated, very fast. I think it'd be a really fun idea though, and it would allow for a lot of great personalization from the different Hive members.

Level 8
If so, I would create a new project thread, but I gonna need a lot skilled guys around to get it finished ... I'm going to create a recruiting thread, in "Map Development", so take a look into it, I'll need you to start and finish it.

Good Luck :grin:

Chaos

Level 8
only 1 thing isnt clear to me

We are supossed to make a new map (from scratch) using Azeroth Grand prix's trigger or just edit Azeroth Grand prix?

No, as I can see it, there won't be a contest of my idea, so we decided to create the map in a team, represents the skilled hiveworkshop members, and yes we gonna make it from scratch, we only can refer to the Triggering of Azeroth Grand Prix ... less time at the moment, it's gonna take time until I create a recruiting thread for this project.

Chaos

Level 8
Keep patient guys, next weekend I got time, I'll present the recruiting thread with all needed parts to finish the project, maybe you'll find a place to help the project ! There'll be parts like terraining, triggering, etc. did not think of it to the last detailed, but it's leaded by me, so don't worry, now I can just hope for you helping.

Chaos

EDIT: Here we go, click on the link.

closed.gif

Last edited:
Level 32
This contest won't happen, I'll post a thread in a few days ... stay patient.Chaos
Keep patient guys, next weekend I got time, I'll present the recruiting thread with all needed parts to finish the project, maybe you'll find a place to help the project ! There'll be parts like terraining, triggering, etc. did not think of it to the last detailed, but it's leaded by me, so don't worry, now I can just hope for you helping.

Chaos

EDIT: Here we go, click on the link.

closed.gif

OK.

~ Thread moved to Unapproved Contests.

Status
Not open for further replies.