• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Hostile units walk back and forth (high acqusition range)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hey,
i gave hostile units on my map an acquisition range of 20k and made the map completely visible for them because I want them to attack the nearest target as soon as they enter the map without using triggers.
They start wakling to the right direction but stop after a while and walk back to where the spawned.

My unit is just standing at a point, not doing anything and can definitely be attacked. Any idea whats going on here?

/e: ok solved it by setting the guard distance up..which is weird because its not a creep (neutral hostile) but player unit. Well at least it works now...

Last edited:
Level 12
ok i still have a problem. Check here: Twitch at 2:48:27 the hostile units have a high acquisition range and the guard distance etc is all up but they move so sloppy. It works just fine when there are about 17 hostile units on the field but when there are more they start to move like that..i dont get it..its rlly frustrating...is there a fix for that?

Level 21
How many units are we talking? - Keeping the amount below ~100 (if there is high action on the map, meaning they are constantly moving/looking for targets) might fix that.
Are there periodic orders issued? - Make it so that they are only issued when currently idle to prevent such stuttering.

Status
Not open for further replies.