• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How are people finding the beta?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
With the beta closing soon and the open beta coming to an end it is a good time to talk about your beta experiences.

I would have liked to have played it with more people but the little bit I did play with Statharas was great fun. We played 2 runs of Softcore and 1 run of Hardcore. The poor Skeleton King did not stand a chance.

Level 37
I completed the game and here's how I saw the game:

+ Each character have many styles to be played with
+ Gameplay was okay
+ I liked the voice acting
- A bit too easy
- Bosses were badly done, there should be some tactical things
- Graphics weren't good, it seems like Blizzard continues with the candy graphics. It works for Warcaft but for Diablo, nope.
- New skills seems to be gained linearly

Top notch hack and slash game, but as we know they can never compare to real RPGs. 7 / 10.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
- A bit too easy
Tell that to yourself when you get to Inferno mode.

- Bosses were badly done, there should be some tactical things
Seeing the beta only had 2 bosses you can hardly comment on that. Also the bosses gain new skills on higher difficulty modes.

- Graphics weren't good, it seems like Blizzard continues with the candy graphics. It works for Warcaft but for Diablo, nope.
Have you bothered to look at Diablo I and II graphics? The graphics are clear, impressive and messy which is everything Diablo is about.

- New skills seems to be gained linearly
Meaning?

Level 37
Seeing the beta only had 2 bosses you can hardly comment on that. Also the bosses gain new skills on higher difficulty modes.

There was just two bosses, at least they could have done them properly, but nope. They were just like any other enemies I didn't see any "patters" or anything.

Have you bothered to look at Diablo I and II graphics? The graphics are clear, impressive and messy which is everything Diablo is about.
Diablo 1 and 2 graphics are not at least candy which destroys the dark atmosphere.

In Beta I got the abilities in specific order and I didn't had the freedom of choise to pick abilities in order I wanted.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
They were just like any other enemies I didn't see any "patters" or anything.
The Skeleton King does have some basic patterns. He will always teleport to you if you are too far away. He will always melee you if everyone is close. His summoning minions is random and happens no mater distance. When he is about to Whirlwind you he will play a long laugh animation.

In Beta I got the abilities in specific order and I didn't had the freedom of choise to pick abilities in order I wanted.
Instead you can choose to use any abilities you like. The only thing annoying with the current system is the Beta level cap blocking out awesome skills like Archon form but that will be no problem in the full game.

Diablo 1 and 2 graphics are not at least candy which destroys the dark atmosphere.
They are candy? I thought they were mathematics...

Level 37
The Skeleton King does have some basic patterns. He will always teleport to you if you are too far away. He will always melee you if everyone is close. His summoning minions is random and happens no mater distance. When he is about to Whirlwind you he will play a long laugh animation.

Indeed the boss did all those things, but they weren't unique / special enough. In other words, the boss was poorly done.

Status
Not open for further replies.