• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

how can create an ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
i want to create an autocast resurrection ability, which is ressurect only 1 unit at once, but i don't know how it is possible?

Level 30
Level 7
Right, here's something very rudimentary based on Raise Dead.

Edit: Basically, just edit Raise Dead and set the number of units summoned to 0.

Then just use a trigger to detect the ability cast and create one unit with the same type as the targeted unit. (Since a corpse is still the actual unit.)

Attachments

• RessurrectionTest.w3x
    11.5 KB · Views: 31
Using Paladin as base spell, that's what we're thinking
But Resurrection is NOT an auto-cast spell dude
Read post above dude!
It is easiest way, for beginner like him to create something like that!
I can post triggers here and dummy spells but that won't help!

Also I asked him for more info about spell!
It will be easy to create this autocast for tower defense map and hard for RPG based map (MUI, and so on!)

Level 29
1st It resurrect enemy units! (Also player can control them after)

pardon me but this is just a sample of ferral spirit ability with triggers able to resurrect units, it can be changed however to matching picked unit equal to owner of casting unit...

2nd It don't work if dead unit come into hero range (hero pass by)

hmmm, that's weird, coz I tested it and it's ok :), the range is set to 512 default...

Status
Not open for further replies.