• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How do I make a race selection (Help are needed)

Level 1
Im making a new map That I want to release But I dont know how to do triggers and dont know how to script
I know scripting abit BUT I dont know how to make a race selection
I need help does anyone can help me?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 65
"How to make a Race selection" is a little vague, but I'm going to assume that you want some kind of special system where you pick your race in-game rather than in the lobby. Most people use a Dialog menu with multiple buttons to choose from. There's probably 100 threads about this on Hive already as well as systems that pop up if you google search "Hiveworkshop Custom Race Selection".

Advice on creating the actual custom race (can maybe find something better than this):
A full blown system that'll probably do everything you could ever dream of:
Very basic to advanced tutorials on creating your first dialog: