• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] How to create floating text/number when hit creep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
In some map orpg as Gaias Retaliation, TKOK,.... I see when heroes hit creep, number of damage will appear and floating on screen at position of creep, or in gaias, when Boss cast a skill, on screen at position of boss will appear a text which is name of skill, and they disapper after that slowly. I don't know how to make that, Someone can help me.

Everyone can see them in below picture

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    174.3 KB · Views: 79
Level 37
Use this system: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/gui-damage-engine-201016/

It's all about floating texts. There should be examples in that map.

For the skill names, use this:
  • Untitled Trigger 018
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (Name of (Ability being cast)) above (Triggering unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00...
      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
      • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
      • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.60 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.