• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

how to disable trigger when unit enter region?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
i dont know how to say this,but this is how i want the trigger to be..a unit enter region 1,region 2,3,4 is disable..or in my case unit enter region 1,region 2,3,4 stop creating unit....or,it can be unit enter region 1,trigger in region 2,3,4 is off/disable...please help

Level 13
Maybe I'm not understanding but..

• Region
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 1 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off Region 2,3,4 <gen>
      • Other Actions?
And make others for the other regions?

Level 4
Maybe I'm not understanding but..

• Region
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 1 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off Region 2,3,4 <gen>
      • Other Actions?
And make others for the other regions?
thast exactly wht i want,but i cant find the(Action-Trigger-Turn off region X,X,X),where did u find it,plz reply

Level 4
am i dumb or there's an update for WE?cause i only have trigger-Turn off(this trigger)..?if there's WE update please give me link..or i just cant find it?.....my warcraft is crack,does it effect my We?

Level 4
hmmmm,its starting to get confusing here for me...hmmm,can any of you here make the trigger in the map and post it here so i could download it,and have a better understanding plsss

Level 4
What exactly are the triggers for? We can't read your mind or guess what to do next, you need to provide us with information for us to be able to help you.
..ok let me explain..ehm,i have epic size map so i need to maintain my unit spawn to prevent unit reachin maximum,so for example hereo enter region 1,and region 2,3 will be off meaning unit in region 2,3 wont spawn anymore..and, when hereo enter region 4,then region 2,3 will spawn again/able back the trigger...to make it very short..its similar to On/Off tv remote,ur finger enter On button,the screen is on,and when finger enter off button,the screen is off(can be done reapetedly)..like that...very sorry bcoz its long....i have 1.26A,and newgen or weu deosnt work on that version..so no unlimited unit for me...T T

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
i only have trigger-Turn off(this trigger)..?

(this trigger) is the default value for the trigger that will be turned off. As computers cannot read your mind it has to assume some default value or be invalid at the start. Obviously this is not what you want but that is why the editor allows you to change the value to whatever you want as long as it remains valid.

What you do is instead of using the function to get the current trigger, you set it to a constant of the trigger you want to turn off. Obviously the trigger must exist for there to be a constant to it since it uses references, not resolving to get the trigger.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
Tazer... you better take some english lessons.
When a unit enters region 1, 2 and 3 units that are spawning won't spawn anymore. When a unit enters region 4, 3 and 2, units start spawning again.
Is this what you mean??!! For god sake.:vw_sleep:

Level 9
Hopefully you havent missed this part. Everything in the World Editor that can be changed has a colored text to it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 108
Level 4
Tazer... you better take some english lessons.
When a unit enters region 1, 2 and 3 units that are spawning won't spawn anymore. When a unit enters region 4, 3 and 2, units start spawning again.
Is this what you mean??!! For god sake.:vw_sleep:
yes thats what i mean,ur right i do need an english lesson...

Level 4
Hopefully you havent missed this part. Everything in the World Editor that can be changed has a colored text to it.

attachment.php
no,i havent miss that part,when i click on *this trigger* there's only option for *this trigger and hastable*...nvm,i just download newgen,then..thx for helping,sorry for the long n hard understanding description iv been posting....

Status
Not open for further replies.