• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

how to hide unit`s active spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
hello i want some crazy ideas to get it done cuz i dont really know some hidden WE tricks
first of all make no mistake i know how to hide passive abilities but actually it was a clever idea to use spells`s hotkeys to run a trigger you know the WE`S keyboard system is limited to arrow keys but i need a way to hide these abilities but still i could use their hotkeys you know its kindda weird to have those spells in hero`s UI anyone got any idea?
thanks in advance

Level 11
please use periods and commas

You can use (0,-11) to hide them of course but I think this also prevents hotkeys. You could still knock them off the command card by having junk abilities fill up all the slots.

Level 13
If you only have 1 instance of a specific ability per player, you could try this:
  • Player - Disable {spell name} for Player 1 (Red))
As for triggering them with hotkeys, eh... I have no idea. It may be doable in vJASS, maybe? I strictly use GUI.
You could use other events to "Enable" the ability, use it once, then immediately "Disable" it.
I do it quite frequently for morphing spells.

Status
Not open for further replies.