• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to make a rematch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey guys!

I dont know about any of you know the game Tides of Blood or Card Shuffle.

However, when a game is finnished, it reset everything.

Now my question is: how do i create that?

I could ofcause make the game save in start, and then when it is finnish, just make it load the saved game, but i think many will lagg out under the save, and i think people will find this type of remake annoying.

Level 3
zero_ZX said:
Hey guys!

I could ofcause make the game save in start, and then when it is finnish, just make it load the saved game, but i think many will lagg out under the save, and i think people will find this type of remake annoying.

Hey there! :D Well, I'm not sure how to do it the easy and efficient way, but you can make regions where all the units are and then when you rematch it makes the screen black and it spawns all the units.

Sorry if it doesn't make sense :x but you could try that.

Level 4
I don't think that i can be much help but, make a boolean called GAMETIME and all the regions where you want your units/building/ect. to go. Then make a trigger like this

Events:
Map Initiation
Player 1 (red) types a chat message containing
-gametime as an exact match

Conditions: GAMETIME equal to false

Actions: Place (unit) at (region and all that stuff

:)

then make an other trigger....

Events: Player 1 (red) types a chat message containing -end as an exact match

Conditions: GAMETIME equal to true

Actions: Pick all units in playable map area and do action: Kill picked unit

This is the best way i can think of doing it. There is problobly a custom script or somthing to do it automaticaly. :D :D :D :D :D :D :eek: :eek: :shock:

Level 4
Oh, I forgot somthing :roll: . You may want to put the wait action for like 0.5 seconds before each unit spawn if you have a big map. Like in Green TD they made all of the units spawn at slightly diferent times because the game would crash :? .

Level 2
zero_ZX said:
Hey guys!

Hmm,can i take a look on your map?Because not everyone's map trigger are same.It need to set up depends on each map.

Status
Not open for further replies.