• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

I'm a noob in need of help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
So I get the whole idea on how to import custom models into maps, I even read the tutorials. Nothing. I usually put what is says in, and sometimes it works. Sometimes I even mess with the .mdx within the custom path slot.

Please someone help me, so I can have custom models, instead of shadows.

Level 15
I guess you can't import custom models(or other staff) into your map.Well that's quite simple.To begin with,download any model you like,there are many sites that you can download models(hive's one http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models.php).Most of them are into .zip file.You have to decompress them.Then open your map,and press Import Manager(f12),there you right click and press import.Then you select the models you just downloaded and they are imported into your map.(Some models might requite more than 1 file,keep this in mind)In addition,some models require a special "path" into your map.The path that should be used for each model is described where you download it.So...you just change this into your Import Manager.Save close your map.Re-open it and you are done!Hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.