• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Import Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I need some help. Everytime I import something and make it a unit, nothing comes out. Its just a green box saying that it cant locate the file. I tried restarting World Editor but nothing happened. I was importing this: Bed Model Heres what I did:

- I import the .blp and .mdx ,there was no portrait
- Then, I changed the pathing of the .blp file to bed2.blp
- I changed the model file to the war3imported\bed2.mdl (I dont know why it became a .mdl)
- Then a cube appeared. I saved then closed world editor. But it was still a cube. Please help. It happens to all models I use.

Level 7
You changed the model file? You should always leave that alone. That might be the issue.

Did it become .mdl when you changed the model file, or when you added the model to a unit (and by that i mean the unit got an mdl model but it was still mdx in Import manager)?

Another question. Did it say in the bottom left something like: Unable to load file ''filename.mdl''?

Status
Not open for further replies.