• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Increasing Max HP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I was curious as I couldn't find a way to do this. How do you increase a units max HP or MP, or even give bonus damage?

I have a summoning spell with 5 levels. Instead of making 5 different units I'd like to use a single unit and just increase it's HP, MP, and Damage upon summon. I already have most the trigger set up and working except for this part, which I can't figure out.

This ability needs to be Multi-Unit instancable. Meaning if there's two of these heroes out for the same player, both need to be able to cast different levels of it without bugs.

Last edited:
Level 27
I was curious as I couldn't find a way to do this. How do you increase a units max HP or MP, or even give bonus damage?

I have a summoning spell. Instead of making 5 different units I'd like to use a single unit and just increase it's HP, MP, and Damage upon summon. I already have most the trigger set up and working except for this part, which I can't figure out.

When the ability levels. (if it can) then you just make like five units but only change the stats and you change the summons of the ability at other levels to that unit you just made.

Level 14
Uhhm... what? I just said I'd like to avoid making five units. Why would you tell me to do something I am trying to avoid?

I'll look into the whole upgrade thing, but without any direction I'll probably have to wade through a few things before I find the right upgrade to use. Even then, will it work if there are multiple heroes out with that skill? Or will the upgrading likely mess it up? In other words, is the upgrade method MUI?

Level 4
I'm thinkin you could use the item abilities that give those bonuses, convert them to unit abilities (just uncheck item ability in the object editor), give them 5 levels, and set the level of those abilities to the level of the hero ability when they're summoned.

Level 13
No, it won't work.
You don't need the system if you just want to change some stats.
The fact is this: if you add an bonus as unit ability, the first level of it will apply, but if you change the level it wont work. While removing the ability, it will undo the "undone" work.
Example:
Level 1 200 HP
Level 2 400 HP

You add the ability and the unit will get 200 HP. Now you set the ability to 400, but it wont work and the bonus is still 200. Now you remove the ability and Wc3 will "add" -400 Hp because its level 2.
Now you do this:
Level 1 0 HP
Level 2 -200 HP.
Add Ability, set level to 2 and remove the ability. Wc3 will "undo" the -200 HP and add 200 HP to the unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.