• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Inquiry] Project 2, uncertain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
There are a few things I'm uncertain about in project 2.

1. Create a unit array called units and initialize it to the following
we were told in lesson 14 Arrays that you could not initialise arrays with a value. They had to be set later. Nestharus actually already told me just to use the set keyword to set the values manually; so I thought I'd share this one in case others are confused.

2. You are only allowed to use the value 5 *one* time, and you may only use the value 5
Well I'm not sure what counts as using the value 5. I have used the number 5 lots of times or the index of 5 lots of times as well but I have only used the value of 5 as an integer one time. Is that correct?

3. [ ] may be a value
Can I use [ as a value and ] as another value? or does it have to be only 1 value? Perhaps some clarification on our limitations on how we can use colour escapes. also i dunno why we need to use the value "Is A".

4. Do the displayed arrows and unit names have to line up neatly?
As you said \t doesn't work properly and the only other option is trial and error through use of individual space characters, seems clunky.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Level 31
Well I'm not sure what counts as using the value 5. I have used the number 5 lots of times or the index of 5 lots of times as well but I have only used the value of 5 as an integer one time. Is that correct?

As the directions state, you may use direct values for SetUnitUserData and setting the array. In those cases, the use of 5 doesn't count.

Can I use [ as a value and ] as another value? or does it have to be only 1 value? Perhaps some clarification on our limitations on how we can use colour escapes. also i dunno why we need to use the value "Is A".

You may use "[" and "]" etc is what that meant

As you said \t doesn't work properly and the only other option is trial and error through use of individual space characters, seems clunky.
Thanks.

Yes, they must line up neatly

You need to display it just like it shows

edit
You may use direct values when setting the array indexes to the created units

You may use direct values for any line that uses SetUnitUserData

These direct value uses will not count toward your one time use of 5.

You may use any string values other than those that are numbers or those that are the names of units.

Hopefully this makes things clear : ).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.