• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Introducing Myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I am Drizztinator, aka Regulus on other modding networks.

I have been modeling and modding for a long time, however, I have recently entered the realm of Warcraft III modding and hope to contribute to this wonderful community.

I am highly interested in making RPG maps, both single player and multiplayer versions.

I have been modding Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun, Generals, and Red Alert 2 for a long time, and I have been using 3dsmax for at least 4 years.

I am eager to jump in and get my feet wet. :grin:

However, I have been having several teething issues with setting up a WCIII model work flow.

I've read that the scripts that Blizzard released to import and export models is not compatible with 3dsmax 9 and up. SO I found a copy of 3dsmax 5 and tried to install it, but 3dsmax 5 does not like Windows 7 at all. A file, known as cdilla.dll is not being located. I tried to manually download and install this dll but to no avail, as windows gave me an error message saying it is not compatible with Windows 7. Searching for a compatible one has yielded no results.

Does anyone have any tips or ideas as to how I may go about setting up my workflow for WCIII?

Thanks a bunch!

Level 13
This was epic. He had written a very long introduction. The first message was "Sup"

Level 1
Thanks for the welcomes guys.

EDIT

FINALLY

I was able to get 3dsmax 5 to work with Windows 7, so now I should start contributing to the cause.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.