• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] Is it possible to define which ability shows Goldmines on minimap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I'm working on a campaign, and I've changed many of the gameplay elements. Instead of gold, players gather food from farms they build, and instead of farms, players "conquer" gold mines, which increase the population cap.

So, in my map, goldmines play the role of farms, and farms play the role of goldmines.

It's easy to create an alternative gold mine ability and give it to Farm/Pig Farm/etc. However, this also makes farms appear as gold mines on the map.

On the other hand, I don't want to remove the gold mine ability from Gold Mines, since I want them to be shown on the map as well.

Is there a way to solve this problem?

To summarise:

Gold Mines must not have Gold Mine ability, but they still must show on the map.
Farms must have Gold mine ability, without showing on the minimap.

The path for Gold Mine icon is: UI\MiniMap\MiniMapIcon\MinimapIconGold.blp

You can replace it or remove it using the Import Manager.

If you want to remove it:
Import a blank .blp texture and change the path to: UI\MiniMap\MiniMapIcon\MinimapIconGold.blp

If you want to replace it:
Import your new .blp texture and change the path to: UI\MiniMap\MiniMapIcon\MinimapIconGold.blp

I've uploaded a blank 1x1 transparent .blp texture, you can import this and change the path.

Attachments

• Blank.blp
    840 bytes · Views: 46
Thank you, all, but I think I will use the burrow ability and triggers for the farms. Given that it won't be possible to show an icon for the gold mines, but not for other buildings with this ability.

Haunted and Entangled gold mines also have a minimap icon, you could either replace those. Then just create a dummy invisible unit at your location that shows minimap icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.