• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Japi problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi.

Like it says in the title, I'm having difficulties to get Japi working... I want to have file output in my map so I'm trying to use the DebugPrint function. When I import the common.j from Japi the syntax correctly detects the function and it gives no errors but when I try to test the map the game just goes to the main screen. Without the import it works fine. Any idea?

Here's how I've done it:

• Uninstall previous Warcraft III installations from your computer.
  • Make a fresh installation of Warcraft III.
  • Patch the new installation to 1.21b
  • Fire up regedit and change the values of "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III\InstallPath", "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III\InstallPathX" and "Software\Grimoire\War3InstallPath" to the installation directory --- I didn't had the Grimoire one so i created it
  • Import the common.j in the japi folder to your map with the path "scripts\common.j"
  • In the World Editor menu under Grimoire enable Grimoire and japi
  • Make sure you don't have a common.j lying around in your warcraft folder

Status
Not open for further replies.