• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Spell] Jump Spell Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello fellow hivers, I know that you've already know and made a jump spell but if you are making an hero arena and a hero has an ability let's say Arial Cutter and you and your target units need to jump and stay mid air but the problem is you have 5 hero in the seletion but you don't know the hero to cast the spell on.
you will cast your ability on naruto but the model in the meldiv crow form is sasuke
:grin:Sorry for my grammar:grin:

Last edited:
Level 40
Is Arial Cutter unit-targeted or AoE ground-targeted? In the first case, you can store the unit you cast the spell on in a variable like anything else. Then refer to it later when you need to know which of the units you actually cast the spell on. In the second case there is no one specific unit that the spell was cast "on".
  • Set unitvariable = (Target Unit of Ability Being Cast)
If groups remain ordered when you add units to them you could add the one specific unit to the group first and then get it later with FirstOfGroup(), but I'm not sure that's the case.

Level 6
Unit target

EDIT: That's not what I mean't I was saying you have 5 different characters and you have an ability meldiv crow form but its art model is any of the five character so my question was should I make a meldiv crow form with the model of each character or you just add crow form to target unit and let it cast the ability and replace unit... How should I call this uhmmm... MUI/MPI version of meldiv crow form

Last edited:
Level 40
I don't think you understand what Crow Form is used for and why it is an essential part of making units appear to fly. You never actually have to have the unit use the crow form ability, just add/remove it so you can set the unit's fly height with triggers.

I still really do not understand what you want to do to the targeted unit (maybe explain step by step: 1. units is raised up in the air, 2. unit is turned into X, 3...), but it sounds like you want to elevate it and morph it into one of 5 different units temporarily for the duration of the raise. There are better ways of doing this to achieve the same visual effect without actually having to transform the unit into something else, but if you insist on actually morphing the unit into something else, you should use bearform, not raven form: Hero passive transformation

There's no easy way to 'remember' what the unit's unit-type was before you morph it in the way that tutorial shows or using Chaos that doesn't involve hashtables if you want it to be MUI... and as far as I know there's no way to morph an arbitrary base unit into a specific other unit and then back again later without using Chaos or the method in that tutorial. The way I see it you probably have to use that method with a bunch of different versions of the spell to morph into the right unit. Perhaps you could use a very short duration Metamorphosis to do it, and maybe Tinker's ultimate can have a duration but IDK. Better explanation might make it easier to suggest what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.