• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Just a few things before Beta-release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hello! I will release a Beta for my http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/defense-stormwind-180685/#post1730215 within the two next days. But there is still a few things that is not working or I don't have it at all :p Anyway, I would be very grateful if you could just help me with one of these:

-How to put a picture in the preview window (not the loading screen).
-How to make a unit stun-immune. A little fail when The Lich King gets stunned by a bear cub...
-When someone loose, make everything stop moving, but there is still animations. Just like everything stops in DotA when one of the sides win.
-How to make items with abilities show the cooldown mask, when the ability of the item has been used. Very important.

Level 11
1. There are tutorials for that. Look around.
2. It depends on how you build the spell.
3. Try using Unit - Pause trigger.
4. I suggest you compare the items you have made with items that have these masks and see what is the difference.

Level 8
1. There are tutorials for that. Look around.
2. It depends on how you build the spell.
3. Try using Unit - Pause trigger.
4. I suggest you compare the items you have made with items that have these masks and see what is the difference.

.......................................... o..k......................................................

Level 11
Because they are pretty simple and common tasks you could probably find out how to do them by just looking around in already existing threads and sections in the forum. If you still have questions after that please go ahead and ask again and I'll try to help you further.

Level 33
3. Pause the unit through trigger (Chizume answered it first)
By pausing the unit(s), they will still retain their normal Animation Speed
If you set it to 1% (chilla_killa), the unit will act in slowly manner trying to complete is stand animation (you didn't play DotA didn't you.. ?)

4. Didn't quite understand what you had questioned
You want to see its cooldown... ?

Level 15
-How to put a picture in the preview window (not the loading screen).

Import a 256x256 image to "war3mappreview.tga" or whatever file-type it is ("war3mappreview.blp" if it's .blp). It will automatically check this directory for any images you have imported.

-How to make a unit stun-immune. A little fail when The Lich King gets stunned by a bear cub...

Theres an ability that you can add to a unit that makes it stun immune. I THINK it's under night elf units (a mountain giant ability). I'll check this thread when I have access to my world editor tonight and tell you the exact name of it if you haven't found it by then.

-When someone loose, make everything stop moving, but there is still animations. Just like everything stops in DotA when one of the sides win.

Use the pause all units trigger (it's under units)

-How to make items with abilities show the cooldown mask, when the ability of the item has been used. Very important.

I've never understood this honestly. Some items do and some don't. Make sure you'r item is in the "charged" section and is based off an item from the "charged" section. If it still doesn't work then just try basing it off different items until you find one that works.

I've tried to find some logical explanation as to why some items don't show the cooldown spiral and some do but I have never been able to.

Status
Not open for further replies.