• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Key shoot spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I'm looking for sum1 to make a simplified version of attack in a line by pushing a letter key. If u have ever played Azeroth carts by Blizzard it is the custom made trigger that lets u press the "F" key and ur unit will fire his carts machine gun in a line. I dont care wut format u use whether it jass, preset triggers, or another format as long as it works without glitches and it is easily made and can be ajusted for multiple units range and damage (ex: player1 is using a steam tank and its range would be 300 but player2 is using a catapult and its range is 500 and they can both work at the same time). Thx to any who try this I would really appreciate it.:emote_cool:

Level 7
Dude have u ever seen there trigger i havent learned how to do jass or anything yet and it confuses me thats y i was asking for a simplified version of it that i coud easily adapt for diff units a player is using

Level 5
i agree with Kaboom, thatd be like the most useful trigger so far, like ud be able 2 use it for like shooter style maps, dogfight maps, etc

Level 2
Well, Azeroth Grand Prix is written in JASS, or Just Another Scripting System.

Pressing F is easy, that's just the hotkey.

As for shooting a bullet in front of you, you have to use a dummy and detect when there is a unit near it, then destroy the dummy and damage the hit unit.

www.thehelper.net is a useful resource for all asiring spellmakers out there,

Level 7
ok thx but i was still looking for an example or tutorial on how to do a dummy system so it u could make an example map or give me the link to a tutorial it would be much appreciated

Level 13
What exactly are you wanting the unit to shoot. For example, if you want the unit to deal damage infront of it, then just write a trigger.

Event: Unit begins casting a spell
Conditions: Spell being cast equal to "Shoot"
Actions: Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 200.00 at (Position of (Triggering unit) offset by (500) towards (facing (Triggering Unit) degrees), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Edit: Had to remove the Trigger tags because it broke the page.

Last edited:
Level 7
Yes but how do i make it only hit units in front of caster and change range and add a projectile model to it

thx all (especially herio-san and SHCP_1) for the help if u could answer how to do do these things it would be much appreciated

Level 2
yea i posted a thread about somthing like this...makin projectiles dodgeable. they said infranes projectile system and as i type this i remember u suck at jass. welcome to my world :grin: but yea this is very usefull and if any1 wanted to make it....:D

Level 3
Hero-Sian told you how to do it..
If you want a projectile, make the spell which your using have a missile.
For the spell, base it of "Channel" and change the missile art to the desired missile art. and remove all the buffs, damage etc... ( I don't think there is anyway..)

Event: Unit begins casting a spell
Conditions: Spell being cast equal to "Shoot"
Actions: Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 200.00 at (Position of (Triggering unit) offset by (500) towards (facing (Triggering Unit) degrees), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

There you go.. That's about it.. You have a firing spell..

EDIT: +Rep Haha :)

Level 2
ooooo found a very nice trigger my mythic frost from the helper :thumbs_up:
also im working on that particle system, i have the grenade thing, if anyone wants a demo map with it on it, ill send it to them (demo map with grenade from elimination tournament :p) and im working a bullet to but im kinda stuck, got this one error sais it expects a name rly anoying lol:infl_thumbs_up:

Attachments

• Example map.w3x
    12.6 KB · Views: 69
Level 7
Jigs4w i love you

i used the example as a base for my map tweaked it and it perfect i still got to work an a lot of things on the map but if u want the beta when its done ill PM u and u just have to reply saying yes u want it

Level 2
yes i would love to see ur demo. :grin: was also gonna make somthing with the system but decided against it, making a king of the hill/hungry hungry fell hounds thing? gonna be fun lol

Edit: actually if youd like i could join your project if you want, im pretty good with triggers and can do alot of shooting triggers, and multiboards/leaderboards. also, i can make the grenades from elimination tourny :p

Last edited:
Level 7
yay i was wondering if sum1 could do grenades but i dont want anything to have to be targeted but im doing a dif 1 a non-futureistic 1 where classes are footman, archer, ghoul, ect. so i was gonna finish this to show what my FPSes can do its almost done so i can finish it alone while the future 1 w/ grenades ain't even done with terrain yet so im gonna fin almost done 1 first then ill terrain the future and tell u in a PM

Level 2
im decent at terain, and the "grenades" could be litle explosive potions, idk i just think the grenades look cool and gives off the air that your a good mapper XD but ur choice. but seriously id love to help

Level 7
i know but im working on one with out grenades right now and its almost done so when i start the future 1 ill tell you

well better go work on it :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.