• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[SD/Modeling] Looking for Artists (2D and 3D) to Commission Work From

Level 11
Hey! So I've returned to Warcraft 3 and I am working on an update for my map, Plague 2 : Infected Isles.

It's a pretty big undertaking, and I've bit off a bit more than I could chew as it seems. I am semi knowledgeable when it comes to Warcraft 3 modeling, however the reality is that I do not have the skills to required to do what I need to do; and I don't really want to invest a year learning how to model for WC3.

So, on that note, I am looking to commission some artists to work on some of the art for this update. The sooner the better, I don't want to be actively developing this project past October of this year; however I know this is a bit of a niche community so I understand if it takes time.

The art which I am trying to produce :

2D -

A piece of concept art which can serve as a loading screen, discord community banner, etc. If you look at my profile picture, it would be similar to that, however not an AI generated Hasbro looking ass picture. The artist and I would ideally go over the concept, maybe shoot a few ideas back and forth, then come to an agreement after we find something that sits right with both of us.

3D -

As it goes for 3D art, I must admit that there is a bit more demand for this. I would like a particular style, the map is classic only so no HD work is required. I do have a pretty extensive amount of lore established for the ingame universe; but I know that through a good communication process we could establish common ground and direction everyone is happy with.

Some of the units/structures I'm looking to find someone to help with :

A set of fleshy structures, themed around an almost "lovecraftian" style of Undead. The closest relative to the style I want to achieve would be something akin to Dead Space. I do have several specific structures in mind :

• Plagueworks - A fleshy structure that produces plagued, vile, or otherwise toxic undead; of medium size. Think toxicity, corruption, volatility
  • Fleshworks - A fleshy structure that produces typical undead, morphing units, and upgrades for flesh eating zombies. Think blood, aggression, producing creatures
  • Experimentation Pit - A large, fleshy structure that focuses on experimenting combining corpses and flesh into one of three large "superunits". There would be three variations of this building; it would start as an empty slate and you choose to upgrade it into one of the three choices. A morph would happen to the new state
These are the main 3 that could use help. Now, I would be happy with even one of these being met, as I can make it work. Right now I am using zerg structures from Hive to represent a few of these, but there are some that I just can't properly find a fit for like the Plagueworks. If we decide on only one, then ideally we would have the structure fit in with the other existing models that are in use.

Several units that also fill in with this kind of "Dead Space" thematic style; in particular :
  • Carrier - A larger, abomination type unit that can carry a variety of smaller undead, and with small visual variations (or even better, morphs to different variations, filling up with undead, etc). We can talk in depth about this one as my design can go pretty far.
  • Plagueling - An alternative version of the zombie, except plagued, deteriorating, and noxious This unit drops a pool of acid on death, in general it acts as a control unit that will give trouble to approaching enemies.

For now, we will leave it at this. I do have many many other designs and ideas, and certain models ingame already don't quite fit the vision but I would like to test the water with these first. If the artist and I can maintain a good working relationship, and we're both happy with what was done, then I would love to reconvene as I develop more content.

Rate/Pricing -

If you are serious about the work, we can talk in DM over a good price point. I'd be willing to pay half up front, then the next half after the model is complete; as a start.

I would need to see your previous work before working with you, as to make sure the style will be a good fit. Of course, I'd also want you to play the map and get an idea of how the faction looks/operates, and perhaps how the units/structures function on a gameplay level.

Thanks for reading, I hope that we can work something out and I'd love to bring some of these ideas to life, while maybe breathing a little more life into the WC3 scene as well :)