• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Looking for team, Tales of Merynda ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey everyone. I'm planning this project to be a very time consuming one, I'm going to be spending around two to three hours a day on developing the map, I'm not the type to try and do it in one day. According to that, the map is going to take a very long time to develop, and may take a couple months to release a beta. To cut down the time, I could get some help with it. In particular, I'm looking for triggerers, terrainers, and modelers, that would be able to work with me on the project..

Map Information :
Name - Tales of Merynda
Type - ORPG

- Unique Storyline.

- Different factions follow the storyline differently, to come back and play the game again using another faction.

- Crafting System based on completing mini games.

- Creative Quests, one of which is the infiltration/sneaky, where you have to actually sneak past enemies and assassinate people, or steal some important documents.

- Alignment System, -10 or below alignment points(ap) is war with particular faction, 10 or above ap is alliance with particular faction, while anything between -10 and 10 exclusive is natural, in which you are neither attacked nor helped.

- Fame System, with high fame you can get some nice prices on items, and everybody knows you, but everybody includes enemies...

- Social Position System, you advance socially, starting from an adventurer, ending up on the highest rank in the faction.

- Beautiful Terrain.

- Dual Class System, have two classes, for the cost of half of the gained exp.

- Two Save/Load systems, one supporting single player games, the other supporting multiplayer games.

- Multiplayer Secrets (available only to multiplayer characters).

- Certain advantages to single and multiplayer games.

- Anti-cheat at single player games (autokick on words like whosyourdaddy and substrings like greedisgood).

- Duel System, you can duel every alive creature in the game, even the invulnerables, player vs player duel statistics are savable and can be viewed by other players.

- Handicap System, enemies are easier when less people, and harder when more people are in the game.

- Certain classes get bonuses from joining a certain faction.

- Single/Multi Player Modes - Both single player and multiplayer modes get unique advantages over each other, like in single player you will be able to get a mercenary to help you out on adventures, while in multiplayer you have to have a team to battle monsters, since they are harder with each player added, etc...

- Single Player 'Evil Mode' - You can play on the side of the evil compared to multiplayer where you can't.

- Lots of Dungeons, many of which have surprises waiting for you, surprises that require quick thinking and responses or death will follow.

- And many more to come...

- The Circle of Magi (Human) - When the first Magi appeared in Merynda the world hated them for doing what others couldn't. While the Magi were the most powerful beings of their times, they couldn't tell the future, and so the possibility of an assassination rose. In order to shield themselves, the Circle of Magi was created, so that young magicians could study uninterrupted. The Magi are said to live significantly longer than normal human beings, because of the elements of the Earth granting them strength, but they were not invulnerable. Since the assassination of the Archmagi, the Circle has improved it's protection, but on that day, part of the ancient magicks died, as fear spread. The Ancients were getting older with the day, and their glory has diminished. The future Magi were getting more spoiled, and through thinking they have all the power, getting actually weaker, and with the weakness came again their aging. There remains very few powerful enough to call themselves Magi, those that can, don't do it to protect their identities. The Circle exists, but its more of a place for the Magicians, the masters of single elements, not the Magi, the masters of all elements.

- Merynda Shadows (Human) - The Shadows was once a very powerful faction, with rules and control. It is said that the original Merynda Shadows members were behind the assassination of the Archmagi, and the demise of the Circle of Magi. They were formed by a group of traveling warriors that specialized in stealth and assassination, and by the same group they were led to their demise. Although the assassination of the Archmagi, the Shadows were actually no match for a magician, since their low endurance. They specialized in assassination, not for open combat, and soon after the rumor was spread that they were behind the Archmagi assassination, they were almost entirely wiped out by the Circle.

- Allied Forces (Human) - The Allied Forces is the largest human faction in all of Merynda. Basically everyone that is not in the Circle or the Shadows belongs to Allied Forces. It was created by King Arthur on the battle for Merynda over fifty years ago. King Arthur called out for the people of the land when the orc infestation was near its peak. In order to win the battle, Arthur knew he needed men to fight. Eventually, all the humans of Merynda, including the Shadows and the Circle, answered Arthur's call to arms. The force was unstoppable, and the orcs quickly perished. With shame though, Arthur has perished in battle. With no King to lead them, the Circle has discarded from the Allied forces, followed by the Shadows, while others, stayed in the Allied Forces with high hopes of a King leading them to prosperity.

- Ber'zerk (Orc) - The Ber'zerk was once a mighty Orc sovereignty, they held the most control of all the Orcish tribes. The tribe had a bloodline ability, an ability passed down by blood. They seem like your everyday Orc warriors, but you better avoid enraging them, their blood boils and their muscles grow, as bloodlust fills their sense of taste. When under the bloodlust, the Ber'zerk had no equal, adrenaline nullified any pain they felt, normal cuts were a breeze of everyday life for them. They could often fight as good as any human soldier even after they had their leg and arm cut off. Although the Ber'zerk were a powerful tribe, they soon met their match in the Allied Forces, in the battle for Merynda, only a few of the more powerful Ber'zerk survived.

- The Horde (Orc) - The Horde has been around since the creation of the world, they watched the humans grow, and become a threat. Every Orc is consider part Horde, even the Ber'zerk. They are the oldest, and the largest faction in Merynda. It is said that to tell the tale of the Horde it would take 2 Orcs, because it is too much for a single Orc to store that much information in their brain over a lifetime.

- (Single Player) *Name (Darkness) - The *Name is a mystery, if any information was leaked at this point, it would spoil the story.

You can be in either of the factions, except the *Name, which is exclusive content for single player mode.

wc3scrnshot031110195822.jpg
wc3scrnshot031110195617.jpg
wc3scrnshot031110195304.jpg
wc3scrnshot031110195300.jpg
wc3scrnshot031110195253.jpg
wc3scrnshot031110195245.jpg
wc3scrnshot031110195234.jpg
wc3scrnshot031110195153.jpg
wc3scrnshot031110195221.jpg
wc3scrnshot031110195206.jpg
wc3scrnshot031110195154.jpg
wc3scrnshot031110195125.jpg
wc3scrnshot031110194935.jpg
wc3scrnshot031110194908.jpg
wc3scrnshot031110194851.jpg
wc3scrnshot031110194821.jpg

I'm looking for really patient people, that like to take their time in order to ensure themselves over and over again that they have done the best job they could. People that can wait for other people to finish what they are doing before editing the map. Also, I'd like older people possibly, or at least mature. I'm only 16, but I consider myself a responsible, and organized adult.

If you are interested, post in this thread, or PM me.

*On side note, don't be discouraged just because slots are filled, the more we got on the team, the more things can be improved... Like the advantage of having two triggerer instead of one is that they will both point out each others' mistakes, which in the long run is better for the map.

Current Team Members :
Terrainer - DjLemonic
Triggerer - DjLemonic
Modeler - None
Lore Organizer - DjLemonic

People That Are 'There'.. - Killax

Email - [email protected] (Preferred)
MSN - [email protected]

Last edited:
Level 2
I liked the idea and I d like to help but i just know how to terrain and there s already two people but with need some one to review or to test it when released i would like to see it =D

Level 2
I liked the idea and I d like to help but i just know how to terrain and there s already two people but with need some one to review or to test it when released i would like to see it =D

Glad you like the ideas, and I will make sure to let you know when I'm testing it :]

As to two terrainers, you can really say its only me right now, Killax puts in like an object or two, here and there...

Status
Not open for further replies.