• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

LOTRO: Sure to draw off those bloodsucking WoW players...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Actually...I really don't want to play with any more WoW players, there are always the nice mature people, butter if you ever set foot in the barrens, prepare for chuck norris jokes and 10 year olds leeching off their parents money. Anywho: the beta for lord of the rings online is now out and damn am I excited about it. I mean its sort of like DDO without all of the rolling of the virtual dice and stuff....and best of all its based off the BOOKS not the movies, so they have access to all of the other content that was left out of the movies, tom bombadil other place slike angmar etc etc and it will be sweet ass. I mean the story line will always be a little warped and i'll always be a little disapproving of that (how they can justify adding a dragon to the game, I really wanna hear the explanation of where that came from, the dragons are supposed to be long over with the death of smaug, unless you count the cold drakes from the grey mountains, which is a possibility, but i'm pretty sur ethe dragon has wings...making sure its not a cold drake. as well, trying to blend in the online status with the journey of the fellowship will be another challenging task that could either go great or be a trainwreck, but turbine has done good so far, so i'm hoping that they wont screw up yet. the lack of magic might add to the game and make it better then other games (WoW), but I see it as justifiable as there are only 5 wizards and even they are gods themselves, so puny little peasents like us playing the game shouldn't have access to such power. it would screw up the story as well. thats my only real worry about this game. the story. Since J.R.R is long dead, i'm hoping that his son will help guide them with what they can and can't do with the story. they've already invented some new creatures and added to the story (like shadows of angmar...the north doesn't really play any part during the war of the ring because the witch king is becomes a nazgul and then dies.....sooooo angmar is abandoned...so why is it in the title then?!!?1/1//!)

Like I said, this could either be a huge success or a giant flop, and the tolkien fans (myself and millions of others I'm sure) are all waiting and the clock is ticking.

You can find the beta as well as other news and updates at http://lotro.turbine.com

Status
Not open for further replies.