• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] Make Defend protect others around it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
The Footman has Defend. I wonder what would be the easiest way to make it defend units standing near it?

By placing a Footman near a friendly unit, and activating defend, both the nearby unit and the footman recives low damage from projectiles.

Any suggestions how to make it?

Level 20
1) Using 'Spirit Link' ability, where damage received is distributed amongs nearby units.

2) Having an aura that targets nearby units, but Not-self giving armor.

3) Doing some script work to handle the damage distribution <- It would require a Damage Detection System, like Weep's GDD, and working around it.

Level 33
I want to suggest just add Hardened Skin to the affected units in range but, Defend only reduce damage from projectiles, not all, therefore I think Maker's method is the best one

Because you simply add to those units (Item version of Defend - no need activation order), and remove it when necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.