• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Make simple/useful filter toggled on by default in resource filtering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello hive,

I was wondering if the site programmers can make the simple/useful category toggled on by default in resource searches. I feel that its not fair to people who's resources are useful as the category says to be missed by a lot of users just for being simple.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 70
I believe the number of people who would benefit from this change (i.e. want it enabled by default) is greater than the number of people who wouldn't benefit (don't want it) as well as those who don't care.
Prove it through a poll then if it's that important. Beliefs are subjective.
I say to them, click the filter, get some finger muscle exercise. I do it all the time for various reviewer related stuff.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Prove it through a poll then if it's that important. Beliefs are subjective.
I say to them, click the filter, get some finger muscle exercise. I do it all the time for various reviewer related stuff.
I have not had a lot of luck convincing Staff to make site-wide Polls for important issues in the past. But I don't really need to; how many times have we seen topics like this? Obviously there's interest in the change, and I've only seen very few (you) arguing for the status quo.

As further evidence, think also of Ralle's assertion that the majority of "regular users" (people looking for models for their projects) largely don't care much about quality (i.e. not only wouldn't mind having "simple/useful" checked, but would in fact prefer it so as to get the most comprehensive Search). It's a small minority of users & perhaps reviewers like yourself that might possibly care. Do you disagree with his assertion?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 70
I have not had a lot of luck convincing Staff to make site-wide Polls for important issues in the past. But I don't really need to; how many times have we seen topics like this? Obviously there's interest in the change, and I've only seen very few (you) arguing for the status quo.
I am not seeing many (none actually) related threads down below.
As further evidence, think also of Ralle's assertion that the majority of "regular users" (people looking for models for their projects) largely don't care much about quality (i.e. not only wouldn't mind having "simple/useful" checked, but would in fact prefer it so as to get the most comprehensive Search).
You can search anything you want without this change. What you are referring to is browsing.
Do you disagree with his assertion?
What is this?

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
You can search anything you want without this change. What you are referring to is browsing.
I'm talking mostly about Searching; without this change, the default Search fails to include "simple/useful" since it's un-checked by default.

deepstrasz said:
What is this?
Kyrbi0 said:
As further evidence, think also of Ralle's assertion that the majority of "regular users" (people looking for models for their projects) largely don't care much about quality (i.e. not only wouldn't mind having "simple/useful" checked, but would in fact prefer it so as to get the most comprehensive Search). It's a small minority of users & perhaps reviewers like yourself that might possibly care. Do you disagree with his assertion?

In my perspective, it is something that can be very beneficial to include for the searching system. This at least from a personal view, since sometimes stuff I am looking is just right there at Subs and I missed it due to forgetting a tick.

I think it still has to be excluded when one default open the resources menu just to not clutter the front page of the resources section. I think these two are unrelated (but just might be related) stuffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.