• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

MEOW Magnataur

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to do one more MEOW. I've finally gotten some good practice and I think I'm up to the challenge of making my ultimate MEOW. I'm going to make the fur more mangled later. I've never done fur before, so I wanted to see if I could accomplish something with it before destroying the edges of the armour.

Edit: In the unwrap screenshot I have one of the geosets hidden, so excuse me for the unreasonable ugliness.

Attachments

• Unwrap.jpg
    Unwrap.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 546
  • wrap.JPG
    wrap.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 603
hum you should remake the nose... cause the way you represent it.. there's no hole to let him breath.... so maybe remove a little part to show us the skin .. or make 2 holes .. i don't know...

oh and i recomande you to hide abit more his skin on the arms.. cause it looks like hes wearing a T-shirt.. if not..

Level 18
LAYERS!

anyway, i seriously seriously dislike the playful plastic cartoony feel. It is the same thing camel hump did and his biggest downfall as a skinner.
It does not look good(IMO).

One should always strive to make materials look as they would in the real world or replicate the lighting atleast.

right now im guessing(hoping) you have only created the outline and shape before going in and defining light and texture.

Also i do not like the color choice... bright orange i hope my not reading the thread made me miss something about that not being the final color.

Status
Not open for further replies.