• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Militia Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Militia Online

Storyline:

Since the coming of 2nd Crusadia the people of Vanastiela where overwhealmed with technoligy wisdom. Countries build war machines and use them to take over other countries. The technoligy era is here in Vanastiela! The prophicies of Kairena are started to be placed to geather... They're starting to be seen... Technoligy is controling the world and it's people. Greed and Selfishness take a big role in this time. Is this the era of judgment that will fall upon the world according to Kairena's visions? Be apart of this era! Be the hero! Fight for what is right or fight for your own greed and selfishness. Turn the tide and outcome of Vanastiela's technoligy time. Recruit armies and either conquer the world to bring peace to it once again, or conquer the world to achieve what you want in it and let everyone else suffer! If you can make your destiny, you will be the destiny of vanastiela! You are the Militia.

Concept: This is a mmorpg type map simillar to the Dofus map I created which has been discontinued for me to work on this when I have time instead.
This game plays like midevil rpg with advanced midevil like technoligy. Siege Engines, air ships, juggernots, and more! You can use these mechines to achieve your goals. and so can your army! but they require lots of money!

The players: There are 2 forces between 4 continents that wage war between eachother. Gajadia, Escrutia, is the Union, and Hethsvenia, Nesrutieves, is the Republic. there are 10 players possible while player 11 and 12 are republic and union. nuetrels are anything nuetrel animals or npcs. Hostile is the monsters everyone is hostile with.

character creation:
Gender male or female

Origin Escrutia - Asian-like continent, Hethsvenia - Arabian-like Continent, Gajadia - European-like continent, or Nesrutieves - African-like continent

Race Humans - Human-like Race (duh), Iwrins - Elf like Race, Devians - Demon-like Race, Devines - Angel-like Race, Gurans - Orc-like Race, or Coltuns - Undead Race

and later in the game when you've reached level 10 you can choose your skills and equipment. there are no set classes, but certain skills require certain atributes and equipment... and certain equipment requires certain skills and atributes.

recruiting army: You may have up to 10 recruits in your army at a time. certain recruits require more money then others. and when they die you need to buy more. these requires can be fullly equiped and can even be leveld and skilled. whenever they die the equipment is destroyed.

upgrades: upgrades can be bought for your entire team to imrpove cerstain aspects like defense or melee attack power. and certain upgrade can be used per individual character. When you buy an upgrade you buy the base level upgrade, and you level the upgrade, by using it. let's say you want to level your defens eupgrade, each time you get hit you get exp for your defense upgrade. Each upgrade will have 10 levels. this is the same as skills.including normal attacks.

Battle system: Battle system will be set in a unique aiming system, ranged attacks will be like this: when you use the skill attack with bow, it is instant, but anyone in range of the arrow in the direciton the archer is facing will get hit by it. same with melee, only it's melee range. and melee has a wider effect range. magic however there are 4 types of magic. ranged, linear, surrounding, and melee. range only the area specified will be targeted from a certain distance from the caster, linear is like if you shoot a magic arrow, it's range is the same as arros or ranged attacks. surrounding effects a certain area around the caster, and melee is like a magic sword, magic in melee range.

For artillary found in siege engines, and juggernots, it will only effect the area specified, from acertain distance from the user, just like magic's range type. if two juggernots where right against eachother they could not fire at eachother. for airships, or anti air craft, this is the same only it effects air units only. (you must be in a machine to control it by the way) bombs found in air ships effect the area around the airship but it only effects ground. all skills are casted instant no target becuase the targets are automatic, which triggers the aiming.

pvp: ranks wil be granted to great pvpers allowing them to use grand pvp equipment ofr pvp or pvm usage.

bank systems: there will be a bank system where you can store items, if you do not want to carry them. each player has thier own bank.

skill buying system: Skills can be bought from skill shops, just enter the transformation area specified, holding these items and they wil become your skills. but you only get level 1skills when you buy a new skill. Make sure you have your complete build before trying this. you come with basic skills at the begnining.

continent wars: at random times in the game continents wil be attacked by other continents, if they succeed they wil enter the coninent killing anyone and anything in thier path until they can be stoped... you can help your allies in the front lines during this.

this game will be made with world editor unlimited.

Well that's about all I can think of this game will have off the top of my head, I will list more as I come up with it , and make changes as they happen.
please igve me feed back and suggestion, I will not have any screen shots or prievews or demos for some time... but we can discuss this idea here!

Level 4
elfsilver, what do you mean decide on races? eleandor, what I mean by mmo is it will play like an mmo, think of diablo 2, it played like an mmo, but you had to host the games. again like my dofus map this won't be a quick win in 30 minute game. this will be like a mmo where you have to grind and hunt. that sort of thing. ofcourse there will be quests though. and also, you can get alot of gold by stealing gold mines in other continents, main reason people invade for gold.

if a town is plundered, it can be either, looted getting items and gold, or destroyed. or both. when a town or city has been destroyed it can be rebuilt but will cost money. or you can restart the game ofcourse. you can build watchtowers, and assign guards to a town, or you can even create your own town, or city or base. if you vreate a city you will need money to operate it. and you iwll need food for everyone in it, and everyone you control. The payers for union and republic have thier own resources, and resource makers.

when there is a battle the ones who are victorious gets resources from the ones who where defeated.

Level 21
Possibly by WarSoc or an overactive imagination.

He's making this in WEU, making me assume he's not gonna jass anything. Thus not implementable in WarSoc...

Now the thing you call "mmo" is usually called orpg in warcraft 3 terms.
So you have to grind and hunt and do quests like "collect me 30 birdfeathers from those huge hostile birds"? Sounds like an interesting and original concept.
Sorry for being so harsh, but in order to have a slightly original map, you're gonna need something more than yet another hack n slash...

Now the gold stealing thing is something I personally really hate. Stealing resources from 1 player to another is Annoying and shit.

The Town thing does sound interesting, but I wonder how you're planning to implement this. Since it's a so called "mmo", how are you explaining the fact that someone had build a city last game, and it's no longer there in a rmk?

and later in the game when you've reached level 10 you can choose your skills and equipment. there are no set classes, but certain skills require certain atributes and equipment... and certain equipment requires certain skills and atributes.
So you have to fight yourself through 10 boring levels before you can actually start the game?

Don't take me wrong on this one, it's got interesting concepts, but at the same time there are some serious troubles with it IMO...

Level 4
this game won't use the same old battle system warcraft III uses. you will need to swing your sword at the enemy for real, if the enemy is not in range of your sword while you swing it you will not hit them nor will you run up to them and hit them. you will miss. and if you have a shield you may block the attack, and it's not just a chance to block you need to press the block skill right as you are attacked . and also if you have a counter skill you can return an ttack after it is blocked. you need to use the counter skill while the block is activated, and the person attacking you needs to be still attacking you while useing a counter skill or else it will not be used. timing and precision will be valuable nessesities in this map. as well as manuvering skills and such.

now does it sound like just another hack n slash game to you?

EDIT: about cities this isn't DEFINITE but it's what i've planed and actulaly I think I got carried away yes there will be no way to record the city you built in the last game whn making a new one so I might scratch that. sorry. also it does not take long to get level 10.

and if you're using a bow, or spell, if you're attacked in melee or range using a bow your attack will be interupted, and you will not attack then. if you're to fight a mmeleer with range you need to run away from them. and when you get far enough away from them you need to attack. (when some one targets you and you run from they they need to run after you the system will not make them chase you) or attack right after they attack and hope they do not hit you. if you're using aspell same thing. only you don't get interupted your cast time is just reset. also, I will make you able to "jump" in this game if possible (I have an idea how not sure if it will work) and if you jump while attacked the attack will miss, but while you attack in the air you will miss unless the enemy is in the air aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.