• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Mimic

This is my first attempt on animating.. may contain bugs. Remember to rate! =)
Mimic - Lively treasure chest

Versions
v1.6 - Added decay flesh animation

v1.5 - Remade animations

v1.4 - Made camera portrait nearer

v1.3
- Fixed Walk animation
- Fixed camera portrait

v1.2 - Fixed some animation bug

v1.1 - Remade Walk and Death animation

v1.0 - Made model and uploaded
Keywords:
mimic, treasure chest, chest, treasure, box, gold,moving chest,moving, alive
Contents

Mimic (Model)

Reviews
18:21, 27th Oct 2008 Pyritie: Walk anim is weird. The model itself should be moving up and down, not forward and then suddenly appearing back. You also need a death sound event object. 31st Oct 2008 Pyritie: Need a decay anim. 7th Nov 2008...
Level 2
meh dark deeds is much nicer... but im useing ur skin in my map... i made mimic tomes in my loap 1 on mayor spot lol heres a example

Retard: ooooooh a tome i kill it i get gods tome (user thinks it only has 10 hp cuz there too stuiped to check its hp/attack/etc when they walk up to the mimic tome they get there a$$ handed to them lololololololololololol even tho they some times leave my game its still priceless!!! xD im making mimc lumber and other items im even thinking of just making the chest a plain old mimic lol here go on epicwar.com and dl my map ull laugh till u crap ur self when u see a idiot run into mayors office i even put a boots of speed so they can get killed faster xD heres gn get the 3rd/2nd/1st version any other is a fake and was not made by me Loap gods/dragon/chaos but anyway mimics I LOVE SO MUCH lol love seeing users go OMG i got killed by a F***** tome!!!! (has left the game) i give ur mimic as high rating 7/7 but darkdeeds has a funnier mimic lol

Level 9
If this thing doesn't have any gold in it, and all the regular items are open and have gold in them, wouldn't it be easy to tell them apart? And if mimics dont have gold in them, why not fake gold?

Level 4
Mimic are treasure chest that are demon, not really needed to fill with gold.
Mostly mimic won't have gold in it. =)

In DnD monsters with the ability to alter outer appearance.
If this thing doesn't have any gold in it, and all the regular items are open and have gold in them, wouldn't it be easy to tell them apart? And if mimics dont have gold in them, why not fake gold?
So they cannot hold items unless their tongue was meant to look like gold or some other object.
But in Orcs and Elves, and Torchlight they dropped loot better than normal chests.

I need a Mimic for my map im testing this model then ill rate it.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I love this! A running attacking mimic.

One addition would of been some teeth on it, but its ok as it is!