• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Minecraft in Space - Starforge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
I've tried it. It is still unplayable. Very poor, but it has potential.

Hmm yea okay I hadn't tried it myself (So good to hear from one who have) - I just liked the concept of it so agreed there is potential behind it if they can pull it off. From the video I got the impression that mechanics was working, but not that it was collected to a game yet.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
The difficulty in this game is that the player is not just a position anymore. He has at least two. This means he can be falling upside and possibly lay down and things like that. This also makes the game very buggy. For example, if you go close to a wall or jump, he will be thrusted back and you may fall down from the tower you're building. Also, when walking up a mountain wall and you hit the point where you cannot walk more up because of the steepness, you can start shooting down, which gives you more power upwards. This is easy to fix, but there are so many buggy things still.
I am also quite excited about the game though.

Level 35
Haha, yea I can see how that rather quickly can get annoying, but at least it looks like they can reach their goal. I will likely donate when it gets a bit nearer as I am fairly busy at the moment. Then I can give it a try in person :grin: Also thanks for the description of the problems, such that I now have a much better inclination as to what I would support. Just what I hoped for. :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.