• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Mini Game Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I am a willing map maker, and am relly excited about making maps with other people.
Doing every pice of the project isn't my sorta thing. no matter what the size of the game.

So i figured that if anyone was interested 2-5 of us could make a small mini game together, to practice working on project mangerment.
I can trigger decent.

Project leader (Qualitty control/keeping project moving/Overseerer , so after the terainer is done he will give project to the next person)
Trigger
Terrainer
Balance/game stats. (example in a small td, he would give all the numbers and types of upgrades for the towers doing the math part sorta, amount of waves, hp and def of guys)
ArtWork(Mini Screen For game)/Sound effects/Custom Models
Theme Idea, Story (May not be needed, but haveing that ect touch can make all the differnce to make your game stand out)(Example a Small td, why are you killing all those waves? prehaps a mini theme, like wave10 of 20 you say that somthing has happend.

The Idea is that everyone in the project only does one part. ( there could be 2 of one thing but. being a small project. It most likely wont be needed)

once all the postions we feel are required and we have a game idea,
We hammer out many of the details (Balance/game stats) (theme Idea) (Know what Models that we could make/find by end of project)
And then start the project from there, eiter terraner or trigger, but the Project leader will say who gos first depending on the project. one may need to go before the other.

I am relly hopeing to do a small project. To slowly build some rep with other map makers, and learn to work well togather/trust.
Then i feel by doing a few small projects, we will become a more tight net group that may work on larger projects.

Mini games seems so perfect because there Small projects, and alot of games require many of them.

I really could care less what mini game we make.
And i prefer to be a trigger, or Project leader

Last edited:
Level 9
I'de be interested, I don't mind project leading, triggering, or designing the story.
Terraining and balancing is a no for me though :p

Level 12
Well i formed a group about a week ago. And we tryed to get started on a game. But I dont seem to have the leadership skills to get it going... I Also been recently pretty heavy with school, and puting alot of tme in to my own custom game...

So i relly still want to do somthing like this. But i dont want to lead it. I may just step back for someone else to take control and invite me. Other wise i need some more time to figure things out. either way

Level 9
Well, I'de be willing to lead. I'm pretty good at coming up with ideas, but the idea of working within a team would make map-making easier, as we can all contribute to the project. If you have msn add me at: [email protected]

Like you said in your first post, i agree with starting out with a few small projects.
I have 3 ideas for such projects which as a team we can vote on which one to do.

Level 2
I wouldn't mind being added to the team for story making or terraining. Send me a PM or contact me on US East: FiRe.iCe.

Level 12
Hmm

So i had group that i let fall throw my figures because i took a peice of the project that was to be done twords the end. Also because we all lived in different time zones. we had a really hard to communicating.

In other words i am sure some of them are still up for it.
And it looks like theres alot of support here too...

What we need is a idea. and to get started. then others can join in..
If we can get a project started. then i am sure i can get everyone to do a part.
Hmm... Simple game. project.

Most of my ideas, mostly require someone to trigger for hours on end (or know alot more then me) and then just touch up work from others.

so any ideas?

Level 9
Hey,
Well, I have an idea we can start with :)

Road Kill
---------------------
You see a lost sheep, wandering on the main road connecting Stormwind and Lordaeron, what do you do? ACCELERATE!
Use the arrow keys to guide your sheep out of the way of the incoming traffic...
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you agree to anything, I'll make a quick map, with the terrain completed 100% and 2 sheep with movement triggers and put up the screenshots. If you guys like it then we can sort something out ;)

Level 13
Im a decent mapmaker, skilled mostly in triggers and custom spells and such. Mini-games are the things i like to make in my own time :>

I do have my own mini-map based game, sadly i stopped it because of no recruitment and such. i would be prepared to rip the ideas out of that as most of them are unique.

Level 4
I will join if you give me a job (no modelling but I can try do a few icons). I can do:
- Triggers (GUI)
- Units (preferably if there are not like 500 different units)
- Terrain (I guess)
- Pictures (but dont expect too much)
- What else is there to do?

I hope I can help

Status
Not open for further replies.