• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Model request - Square Portrait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Well this is a rather simple request I guess, but I'm also wondering how possible is it?

Description: Basically what I require is a 3d square, with a texture path for each of the 6 sides and an animation which displays each side as a static 2d square surface.

the basic idea behind this is using 2d drawings as portraits.
The texture themselves I don't really know what size they should be, but it should be made easy enough to modify so that I can use hand drawn imports for the texture :p preferably 1 file with enough room for 6 pictures (each one representing a different race :) )

link to pictures from my project where it will be used:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/chaos-wasteland-217777/

Level 21
Hey ResidentV! I'm not really sure if that is possible? As far as I know, you can't make a portrait switch between different animations at a whim depending on what unit you have selected. But I don't know. It'd probably be easier to just have each portrait be its own separate model as a square plane, but that they all share the same texture.

Level 4
That's a good alternative.
Basiclly the main requirement is 2d portraits! XD
Both my own project and Riotz (Which I do terrain for) use a lot of units with attachments - So a "universal" portrait for each race would be the best choice for unity.

Is it possible to just have a 2D square, 1 side with a texture path? ^^

cheerio.

Status
Not open for further replies.