• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Model Scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Hey.

I tried to scale this model 2x by creating a global sequence and adjusting Bone Root Scaling, it does scale the model during animation in Magos or Mdlvis, but ingame model is invisible. Can anybody point me to a solution for this? Or perhaps scale it for me and reveal a proper way to do it?

Thanks.

Attachments

• BoneShield.blp
    1.8 KB · Views: 58
  • BoneShield.mdx
    6.4 KB · Views: 54
  • BoneShieldFailedScaling.mdx
    6.6 KB · Views: 49
Level 51
Don't have a model viewer on this pc, but I normally don't mess around with the animations itself when scaling a model. If the bone structure is simple enough to follow the mesh (for example, a simple body mesh, when enlarging it, you can just move the bones to the correct places again) I normally just enlarge the mesh and then move the bones to their correct position again. Of course it's a bit more work, but it works most of the time actually.

It might be primitive but I guess it's a straight forward way.

Status
Not open for further replies.