• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Models] A few Vehicles and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
Hi, it's me, Cavman. Well, this is a request thread, so let me get to the chase. For a while I've been working on a MOD Warcraft3. This is a MOD pertaining to my UTN-iverse(if any of you rember from WC3Sear).I HAve gotten all the terraining done, and am currently working on the Units and Trigers. I have some of those done, but most are using place-holder models. I can make(mod)most of the infantryand organic models, but I am terrible at Vehicles, so that is what the thread is for. My requestid for a few vehicles, A list will folow.

Human Tank (WilkonsTank)
The First thumbnail, should look simular to that, only without the motar and mine-roller thing in front.Andmaybe the Machinegunsshouldllok morelike Brownings(50cal).

Kale'Vork Tank (Tread Armor)
Second Thumbnail, almost exactly like that, except the there should only be two treads, not four, kinda like the ones found on Warhammer 40,000 Tanks.

Also, all vehicles should have a sleep animation were they are perfectly still with guns down, as if their empty or offline.

I May add more later if I can get these ones. And I really appreciate this.

Attachments

• tankhuman.jpg
    tankhuman.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 201
  • tankkale.jpg
    tankkale.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 101
Level 17
To add bones in mdl you need to do 3 things:

- right click on the parent bone -> add bone; enter the right coordinates and rename it

- make a new vertexgroup:
Open the model in the vertex modifier;
Select everything with ctrl+a;
Go to "tools -> vertex group of selection"; you'll see a list of the current geoset's vertexgroups. Take note of the last number.
Now select the vertices you want to assign to the new bone, and then go to "tools -> assign vertex group". Type the number subsequent the last vertexgroup.
Save and exit.

- Now it's time to make a matrice for the new vertexgroup.
Open the model in notepad.
Search for "matrices"; you'll find something like this:

Matrices { 10 },
Matrices { 19 },
Matrices { 18 },
Matrices { 17 },

These are the matrices of the geoset, in order (the first matrices is used by the first vertexgroup, and so on). The numbers represent the objectid of the bones that they are following.
Just make another line with the objectid number of the bone you created (the bones data is stored near the end of the mdl).
Save and test.

It might seems complex, but shouldn't take more than 5 mins once you get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.