• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Mortaaar KOMBAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
It's a mad FFA hero arena, based on trickery and logic: the smartest will splat (with an artillery strike) the enemy mortar teams and win the game.

Still reading? Here, i'll take more time for explain it better.
The players have huge (1800) line of sight and the map has open plains with free room where move, but also small woods where hide behind. Therefor the players will have to spy enemy mortar teams with the hero-abilities and patrol them, guess where they are going, "estimate" a perfect timing and strike on their heads. While they do this, they'll have to watch their back, there are others mortar teams roaming around the map, hunting.

Does it sounds good? Shall I start work on it? Cause if it does... I wonder why noone had the same idea before.

For the terrain, i'm basing on Dustallov Keys (roc melee map), so it will need just really few hours of work for the details. Won't need many scripts - either - and that's really good since I am in pratice needing, didn't used world edit for 3 years :eekani:
If you like it, come back later: I am having a problem that an expert editor can fix quickly.

Level 3
Make it so you can't actually select enemy units. You should be able to select your own though!

This will allow increased stealth when hiding within trees or other terrain. Enemy players won't be able to find you as easily because they can't hover their mouse over you.

Mortars attack with area of effect damage, one that doesn't actually require enemy selection and, because of this, hiding and deception is greatly improved for those players that need some quick recovery time.

Because you have such great a sight range, you will have to rely on cover from trees, doodads and whatever little fog of war you hide behind, which can be annoying because enemies would still be able to select you. This would make terrain and other obstacles less necessary.

The game would be great when terrain becomes much more involved. Well, that's just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.