• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] Moving between two maps in multiplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi!
Would it be at all possible to move between maps while playing with a friend(multiplayer)?
Example:
A warchasers-like map with two or more maps instead of just one.

Does the game cache only store information if I use the campaign editor? If that is the case i guess it wont be possible to play several continuous maps cooperatively?

Thank for any help I can get!

Level 13
you could use a save/load system, basically you generate a code at the end of one map and enter it at the beginning of the next one, which stores all relevant information like hero level, skills and items. you can find them around here. A direct switch between maps is not possible in multiplayer afaik

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Does the game cache only store information if I use the campaign editor?
Game cache only persistently stores data when a map is played in single player mode. In multiplayer mode all stored data inside a game cache is lost upon session end. The reason game cache does not work in multiplayer is likely due to the data synchronization required for such a feature.

If that is the case i guess it wont be possible to play several continuous maps cooperatively?
You can use a file based save/load system, if those still work. The map changes have to be performed manually, with everyone existing the current session and starting a new session of the next map.

Status
Not open for further replies.