• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Multi Raid/ Zone Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
WoW Raids!

Hey there everyone! I am Asomath and I am currently working with Zorini to create a multi-raid and zone series. This will have a save/load system where you will be able to get gear from one raid, say a T4 one, and use that gear to help defeat a T5 one. Zorini came up with this Idea 3 months ago in the Karazhan post. I liked this idea so I decided to team up with Zorini to do this. This map will contain
T4: Karazhan, Gruul's, and Magtheridons.
T4.5: Zul'Aman
T5: TempestKeep, SSC
T6: Hyjal and BT
T6.5:Sunwell
There is also a possibility of Shattrath city where you can buy reagents and Items, and create armor/weapons out of materials you recieved from these raids.

Now, you may think that I am recruiting people so I can just set my "Minions" to work on this for me then take the majority of the credit. However, I have only mentioned what Zorini has done, not what I have completed so far.

I myself have completed TK, Magtheridons, and Black Temple after a couple months of work and am Polishing it. We require assistance in getting the other half of this project done. Before I tell you what we are recruiting for, here are some screenshots/ a replay of My maps (Since you have already seen Zorini's un-gloomy terrained Version)

A little TK:
http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l347/Asomath/TempestKeepKael.jpg

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l347/Asomath/TempestkeepVoidreaver.jpg

Tk Advisors:
http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l347/Asomath/WC3ScrnShot_071308_222105_02-1.jpg

Heres a little Magtheridon Shot: http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l347/Asomath/Magtheridon.jpg

This Post contains a BT replay with me using the Whosyourdaddy Cheat and the Mage with the spec ICE, and talking to you:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f341/najentus-spine-chaos-bt-91228/

So now, if you think you may be interested, here is what I am looking for.

Terrainers- we need some pretty skilled terrainers to make the map's outstanding. We need terrainers for the Sunwell, A skilled terrainer to make the Beautiful instance of Zul'aman, and someone to do SSC. I myself have already started on Gruul's, although there are no screenshots yet.

Modelers/skinners- Although since WoW is based on WCIII, most of the units we can find in WCIII. However the Sunwell raid contains monsters that are not WCIII. Also, we may need models to make our bosses realistic

Beta Testers- this will be a key component to the maps. If we have 9-10 maps, there is bound to be a bug in them somewhere.

Systems- We need someone who can create a loot system for these maps. Although this is an uncertain idea, we may be adding trade skills for Shat City.

Perhaps another map developer? To help us complete these maps, we may need another developer to take the Terrained instance maps and turn them into raids. I myself will specialize in making the boss battles in these maps, as well as creating Gruul's lair.

If you think that you may be able to help in some other way, or want to join one of these positions post here. So, is anyone interested? If there is somthing that may be disturbing you about this, then please post constructive criticism here as well. If you have decide this is not somthing for you, good luck to you!

~Asomath

Last edited:
Level 2
Can't Beta test til we get going in the making of it though..for which we need Modellers and Skinners :]

Level 14
My Pitlord MDX is corrupted, Have to use him as a temporary replacement for Magtheridon until I get it repaired. Besides, nobody complained about there being Ragnaros in molten core? The Moderators said "nice use of WoW models". Im not transfering them over the hive or requesting them in any way. I dont think they will make it to the game. Now, a possible job modelers may get are to BASE models on the WoW models. Sorry if I upset anybody.
~Asomath

Level 14
Linaze >.> Please read the previous posts before you post. Quote "My Pitlord MDX is corrupted, Have to use him as a temporary replacement for Magtheridon until I get it repaired" and Quote "I dont think they will make it to the game." So all that anyone cares about is a WoW model in a WoW Raid map even if its not going to be in the game, huh? Even if those are edited WoW models too. Oh well, thats how the world goes round. Good day to you!

~Asomath

Level 14
Bump/Update

Karazhan/Gruuls/Magtheridons and Shattrath are nearing completion. They are expected to enter beta-test within a week of August 9th (when I get back from vacation). Positions are open for Zul'aman and up.

On a side note. Inverted, -93 rep? What did you do, lol.

~Asomath

Level 5
I am adding this post as proof that I am already making a ZulAman map and have been working on it for exactly 4 months and 3 days as of 18/8 2008 so if I release mine after yours none can say I stole your idea.

I hope yours wont be better just because I do everything in GUI.

Seeya everyone :)

Attachments

• Spiritbolts1.jpg
    Spiritbolts1.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 72
  • Spiritbolts3.jpg
    Spiritbolts3.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 67
  • Spiritbolts5b.jpg
    Spiritbolts5b.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 92
  • ZATERRAINUNFINISHED2.jpg