• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Necrolyte (Warcraft I-Style)

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Necrolytes are practitioners of the Orcish religions. These binders of souls command the black powers that hold control over the earth. Linked into the dominions of the lower plains, Necrolytes have power over all things dark and evil, including the raising of fallen warriors to create armies of the undead. Through ceremonies performed at their Temples, they learn to warp the essence of shadow to use for their advantage.

For my first model, I chose a necrolyte as I have to admit that I don't like the Stormreaver version in Reforged at all. I based it on the concept drawing of Warcraft I, but didn't copy it 100%.

Update, 04.12.:
I was finally able to fix the problem with the dagger in the channeling animation. It only wobbles very, very slightly in the fist of the necrolyte. Maybe a weak grip .. ^^ Many thanks to Archaos, who explained how I can make changes to the animations! Thank you!

I am grateful for tips and tricks, as I am not familiar with the subject of modeling and am still learning.
Previews
Contents

Necrolyte (Warcraft I-Style) (Model)

Necrolyte (Warcraft I-Style)-Portrait (Model)

Necrolyte - Icon (Icon)

Level 9
I hope the bug will eventually be fixed but this is awesome! Should try and make a WC1 Warlock to. I myself don't like the Stormreaver Necrolyte version this one is much more fitting.

Level 34
I hope the bug will eventually be fixed but this is awesome! Should try and make a WC1 Warlock to. I myself don't like the Stormreaver Necrolyte version this one is much more fitting.

Funny... Warlock is already in progress.

I'm trying to give the necrolyte the animations of the campaign-orc warlock. And that doesn't quite work out yet.
Otherwise it already works, just don't give him a channeling spell.:wink:

Hey, its cool a model
to fix your dagger in the channel animation, just have to move it over into the hand in your animations key frames. I took a look and there is not many keyframes for it so shouldnt be to tedious to do, also a little tip, you dont really need the keyframes which appear blue you can push delete on them and make it less keyframes to go through, the green ones however should be kept and those ones will need to be adjusted. i am assuming you using reteras studio, in the edit tab, you can push 'F' to switch to the animations, select your animation and then get your one bone that you had assigned your dagger to and drag it over in each frame lol hope that helps with that.
Got any questions about it dont hesitate to ask lol also if you have trouble getting it, i can adjust it for you, but should make the attempt to learn yourself first :)

Level 34
Hey, its cool a model
to fix your dagger in the channel animation, just have to move it over into the hand in your animations key frames. I took a look and there is not many keyframes for it so shouldnt be to tedious to do, also a little tip, you dont really need the keyframes which appear blue you can push delete on them and make it less keyframes to go through, the green ones however should be kept and those ones will need to be adjusted. i am assuming you using reteras studio, in the edit tab, you can push 'F' to switch to the animations, select your animation and then get your one bone that you had assigned your dagger to and drag it over in each frame lol hope that helps with that.
Got any questions about it dont hesitate to ask lol also if you have trouble getting it, i can adjust it for you, but should make the attempt to learn yourself first :)

Ahh ... I see, I see. Thank you very much!
Do I have to do all the keyframes individually or is there a way to change the animation all at once?
I ask because of the continuity in the course, because I fear that if I have to do all of them individually, small flaws will form in the flow of movement.

Ahh ... I see, I see. Thank you very much!
Do I have to do all the keyframes individually or is there a way to change the animation all at once?
I ask because of the continuity in the course, because I fear that if I have to do all of them individually, small flaws will form in the flow of movement.
yes basically individually, there are few other ways it can be done, another is altering the arm position to the weapon, slightly easier because you can copy and paste body parts to the next frame and still keep proper motion, unlike a "weapon" bone where it is seperate from everything else, the weapon bone has to be manually moved each key frame, copy and paste wont work with it.

another option that i myself try to stay away from if possible is reassigning the matrices your weapon to the bone hand, however this will fix it to that, and lose some animations, as example in the death where he drops it, that will not happen, it will just be stuck to the hand lol
a slightly better option to this would be reassigning to both the bone hand and the "weapon" bone, as it will still have the weapons movement but also the hand movement will affect it, so it could still take adjusting really, and possibly could mess up the placement of it currently.
So i would say just move the weapon really, i find it simpler myself, and practice makes perfect. if you move your body parts use the rotate and remember which ones you use, will need to select and copy those ones to the next when you adjust your first frame, straight through also, a spam of the arrow-> and ctrl v. lol