• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Need ideas for armor crafting recipes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Hi!

Introduction: My map has 12 hero classes, every class has 4 types of unique armors

Example: Warrior_armor_A, B, C and D

They way you get ur armour is by mixing certain items by the same formula
Formula> EssenceA(item) + EssenceB(item) + X-material(item) + Multiplier(item)

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

Example for Warrior_armor_A
Strength essence
Strength essence

Iron bars x 5 (material) (warrior uses metal armors)
------
Multiplier (usually gems, every gem represents an armor "tier"

Example for Necromancer_armor_A
Magic essence
Malice essence
Shadow silk x 5 (material) (mages uses robes "armors")
------
Multiplier (usually gems, every gem represents an armor "tier"

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

I hope u understand my idea

Classes are:

Ess = essence

Warrior (strength ess x2
Knight (toughness ess + strength ess
Hunter (dexterity ess + strength ess
Rogue (dexterity ess + malice ess

Archer (dexterity ess + accuracy ess
Rifleman (this class is related with dwarves and blacksmiths, it's basically an engineer
Beastmaster (idk ess + idk ess ((summoner

Druid (magic ess + idk
Necromancer (magic ess + malice ess
Shaman (magic ess + idk
Witch doctor (magic ess + idk

NOTE: Armours can't use the same Essence combination

I'm also trying to have the less possible number of essence types

Essence items are obtained by killing certain monsters/enemies
ViB9AI7.jpg

Malice Strength Magic

@cleavinghammer @Oliver @ThompZon @FeelMyRash @Uncle @MasterBlaster @Hive_Parasite @Pyrogasm

Last edited:
Level 28
Are the armors unique to each class or can they overlap (for example, Cuirass can be used by Warrior and Knight, Hide Cape by Hunter and Druid, etc.)?

Or maybe only the first few tiers are shared, and the final tier is unique to the class (e.g. Cuirass l.3 upgrades to Bloodseeker Armor for the Warrior and Anointed Breastplate for the Knight).

Level 21
Are the armors unique to each class or can they overlap (for example, Cuirass can be used by Warrior and Knight, Hide Cape by Hunter and Druid, etc.)?

Or maybe only the first few tiers are shared, and the final tier is unique to the class (e.g. Cuirass l.3 upgrades to Bloodseeker Armor for the Warrior and Anointed Breastplate for the Knight).
Well, first of all, thanks u for replying.

Ok, the armors can uses a base material which is "infused" with certain essences to give the preferred stats for the user (the class)

Warrior/knight > metal
Hunter/archer/beastmaster > hide
Rogue/rifleman > leather
Necro/shaman/witch doctor > silk
(This is an example)

They don't share the same armors and thanks for the armor names ideas btw ❤️

Level 28
Knight
Guardian Helm
Anointed Breastplate
Lady's Favor
Crusader's Greaves

Warrior
Headband of Qrom
Bloodseeker Armor
Magebane Shield
Bulwark Boots

Druid
Antlered Crown
Stone Bear Hide
Deepwoods Cloak
Ironvine Leggings

Archer
Eaglewing Cap
Featherweight Mail
Bracer of True Aim
Longstride Boots

Hunter
Hood of Hiding
Stagslayer Jerkin
Falconer's Gloves
Boots of the Wolf

Necromancer
Murderer's Skull
Shadowfiend Robes
Spiteshield Ring
Pitwalker Boots

Level 21
Knight
Guardian Helm
Anointed Breastplate
Lady's Favor
Crusader's Greaves

Warrior
Headband of Qrom
Bloodseeker Armor
Magebane Shield
Bulwark Boots

Druid
Antlered Crown
Stone Bear Hide
Deepwoods Cloak
Ironvine Leggings

Archer
Eaglewing Cap
Featherweight Mail
Bracer of True Aim
Longstride Boots

Hunter
Hood of Hiding
Stagslayer Jerkin
Falconer's Gloves
Boots of the Wolf

Necromancer
Murderer's Skull
Shadowfiend Robes
Spiteshield Ring
Pitwalker Boots
Yooo I like the names lol, my favs r the druid ones

Yo pls read the info about the Essences, I need essences ideas 😘

Level 21
Rifleman (this class is related with dwarves and blacksmiths, it's basically an engineer
Beastmaster (idk ess + ?? ((summoner

Druid (magic ess + ??
Necromancer (magic ess + malice ess
Shaman (magic ess + ??
Witch doctor (magic ess + ??

Yh cuz with the current ones I can't get a good combination for these classes

Level 14
You need at most 5 essences for 11 classes of essence combination armour however knight and warrior are very similar conceptually so you could make them use the same armour in which case you would merely need 4 essences(with 4 different essences you have 10 kinds of combinations of 2 essences), the advantage of going for 4 essences this way is that any combination of 2 essences would be able to be used in a set of armour(so if you drop your second essence, you are guaranteed to have enough essences to make a class set of armour).
However as you mentioned there is multiple materials meaning that you could go with less essences by having the same essences in a different material serving for a different class(ex: double strength essence with steel would make a fighter armour and double strength essence in leather would make a beastmaster armor)
However what is probably desirable is not just the minimal amount of essences, it is the minimal amount of different crafting materials so that inventory management is easier, for that I suggest either removing non essence non gem materials and keeping only essences and gems and going for 4 essences (and merging knight and fighter armour) or making sets of Armour that are not class based but role based (one to make you tough, one to make you fast and one for casting for example).
I just realized you mentioned 12 classes but list only 11.
If there is 12 classes then you probably can not do with less than 5 essences unless doing class independant armours(making armours based on role) or using the same combination in different primary materials fitting differing classes.

Here is an example of a system with two essences which features class independent armour:
Essences: Improvement and Destruction
Double improvement essence armour: makes your hero tougher(ex: higher toughness, can make a temporary shield, reduces damage taken)
Improvement and Destruction armour: improves the speed of your hero(ex: faster walking speed, teleporting, increased attack rate, resets cooldowns)
Double destruction armour: improves the offensive abilities of your hero(ex: more mana, higher damage attacks, throws a fireball)
The specifics would depend on the gem tier with a higher tier not necessarily giving purely more stuff(but normally giving generally better stuff), it would be up to people to figure out which tier with which armour benefits the most their playstyle with their class, a rifleman player who wades in packs of melee monsters too often could decide to pick a double improvement armour despite it not necessarily being the most common pick for the class.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.