• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

need ideas for map (maybe rpg)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hi, im needing some ideas for a map, i dont know what to create, i love RPG, and would like to do an ORPG, but its harder than an RPG, i like third person cameras and big functions and stuff, but i dont know what to create, and a story. I like the old types of rpg like bows, castles and stuff, so, any ideas what to create? I accept other than RPG aswell

Level 6
there's a war between 2 rival empires, one empire has besieged the main city and supplies cannot get in or out so people are starving. you start in the city during a raid, you must defeat a few weak attackers, but mainly your only goal is to retreat to the citadel while footmen on the walls above fight off the attackers.

once you get to the citadel you learn that the attack was beaten off and that you have to go and get help to break the siege. you're adventure essentially takes you through a number of small villages, a raid on the enemy nations supply base (in their border) and you get called back at one point (about midway) to help fight off an attack.

timeline
1-get to citadel
2-convince nearby villages to help
3-get called back with current allies to deffend castle
4-get more help
5-raid enemy supply
6-called back for final battle
7-deffend castle
8-break siege

note: there's a secret passage at the side of the castle that allows you to escape unnoticed.

Level 7
I dont like ORPGs, and most RPGs i ever played in warcraft are not so fun either.
But you can say the map i'm working on (in my sig) is a kind of RPG.
I have a crafting system, servel skill trees for each class, weight system (carrying stuff give you peneltyes on your agility and speed), armor peircing system (each weapon has an armor it gets bonus damage aeginst), and everything will have models attahced to the hero. from my expirence its a bit more RPGish then other RPGs.
but its more of a PVP kind of thing (they are way more fun then RPGs if you ask me).
just check it out, it may give you ideas.

Level 9
Slaydon quick question. I'd love to help with giving you an idea or ideas for that matter but you should maybe give a bit more information. Are you planning on using a lot of custom things in this map?

Are you going to stick with using all 4 WC3 races or are you going to have other ones playable or even in the game.

Very brief, raw, idea for lack of explanations sake:

Focus races used:
All races

A vast human kingdom spanning a great many lands has held rule over most of the known world from what seems like the beginning of time. This kingdom was once ruled over by very noble and just rulers. Kings and queens worked together in a court of legions to control the vast land. There was also a divine king who ruled over the whole court. This king was only appointed by the kingdoms High Priest (a Pope like figure). He would hold the king under his teaching for some years, hardening the boy until he was fit to be a ruler.

This system however was shattered when a loyal servant to the undead legions was able to make his way into the court as a lower king. The land he ruled over was bordering a very old and forgotten part of the kingdom, which at a time had been the capitol. This area now had been over run by undead, but was still under the control of the humans. Being forgotten however and largely useless to the humans recourse wise they paid little attention to it.

This loyal undead minion was actually a very adept necromancer and had learned under many old kingdom necromancer lords. With his vast knowledge of the old kingdom he was able to influence his way into a position as king of a small but important city used as a defensive fort against the undead and possible attacks.

(Now I'll make things brief as this is turning into a story not an idea)

The Necromancer is able to influence the court and gains respect among them. With them not knowing he is a necromancer and working for the undead he is able to appoint other undead followers to seats of power and slowly takes control of the kingdoms outer regions. After ten years a move is made and the undead slowly advance into the kingdom and start ravaging the land.

The kingdom, being so confused and surprised by this sudden uprising and corruption in power turns to the capitol where the Imperial Army is stationed. An army of over 500,000 men is quite capable of quenching the undead uprising in the kingdoms eyes and the army is sent out.

This story could be changed quite a bit to fit needs if you so chose to use it. It could go into much more depth as well. You could either play as a member of this army, an evil member of the undead legion, or a night elf/ orc/ or other race as they could be easily fit into the story.

Level 14
Make an evolving town, pretty hard to make, but it would be cool. Like if you complete quests, it will grow.

...Or a castle, that gets raided sometimes, if the raiders get in the castle, buildings/walls may get destroyed or something.

Meh hero ideas:

Gravitymancer
An Intelligence Hero that uses gravity as his weapon. His spells cost large amount of mana, but are often deadly and knockbacking.
He was born in a castle and his father was a magician. One day, the Hero accidentally killed his own father with a gravity spell, and he is now seeking a spell to revive him.

Level 7
You probebly never played the game Hinterland.
In hinterland you play as a hero, and you own a little village, you go around, kill stuff and with the money you make your village bigger (a black smith visets your town so you can build him a smithy, and he'll make you weapons).
all the villagers can come and adventure with you, and they also require food, and there are upgrades and items and stuff.

So you can make something similar (but i would rather see something cooler and more realistic).

Level 15
Hey Slaydon,i love ORPG maps,and i assure you that i have played the majority of them(at least those that deserved to be played).So i vote for ORPG!
Ideas:How about something medieval like you suggested?
It should be in countryside,with lots of grass and probably tones of strong and hostile creeps.You could design a terrain to match a war between 2 or even 3 races if you can...How about each race has 1 Big and Central town(with shops and other main stuff) and a couple of small outposts,just to keep the main town safe from hostile creeps/bandits.Now about the races,how about creating something classican like "Good" vs "Evil",this means a race which always served the good(something like High elves) and a race which is corrupted and only cares about destroying(you could use Scrourge or even a Demon race).The heroes should be some of all categories,i will give you ideas:Warrior(mass hp),Priest(damaging spells),Healer or Monk(Mass healing spells-low armor),Archer(damage dealer),Necromancer(Raises skeletons,disables enemies) and how about new something like a Buffer hero?Could be usefull.To make the game a bit more interesting you could make an Arena(players type -pvp and fight),where all players could fight between them or even better race duels,for example a fight between 3 heroes of the High Elves and Corrupted Demons.
If you like the idea,i could help you with some pretty awesome stuff to use in your map,like cool bows,fascinating spells,amazing swords,interesting hero models and much much more :) ~r3

Level 7
reason 3, your idea is being grinded by every game out there XD

If you want the map to be good you should make it PVP focused.

thing about this:
2 teams. each team owns a village (at game start the village is pretty empty). each player has one hero. There are some creeps around that you kill for reasorces, with them you build stuff for your village, and buy stuff from the buildings. if you like AOS games you can turn it into one by making certain buildings spawn units in the same manner. else you can jusr buy units in the buildings that will help you destroy the other team.

Level 20
its hard, but ive started a storyline for an rpg, i need some ideas to fill it out, You start in a icy wood with no civilization, and you get to a camp with three guards camping, you do quests and have a good time there, until you can move on to the big world, the big world is a big field with a giant castle and cities.

There will be a function for pressing the "esc" the function will allow you to change alot of things, this will not be used dialogs, but dummy units and images. Such as changing the camera, look at your quests, and a map feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.