• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

New Campaign Help Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Sometimes you need to close-reopen the editor a few times before it can wrap your unit in the data. Sometimes too, you need to twist the path, try with Textures\[/i[. I'll look at it.

<Observes>

Hm... I can see a problem... PM Pschy about it.

Level 22
Im a good triggerer and I can do terrain 2, but... If the other people do the terrain, triggers, models and stuff, then what do u do? :roll:

Im making a campaign to (think 25 lvls) I do everything myself (except the models and skins) so I dunno if I have alot of time 2 help...

Level 4
Um...... I do the terrain unit placement storyline manage the webpage make basic skins ask requests from modellers. And finally dumroll pls......... I make all specific triggers for the maps and Neltharius makes the ones for general stuff.

Level 3
Don't feel so. You're giving your help when they need it, as I do. A project leader is the one who plans on the campaign (eventually), and asks for aid when he got trouble putting it upright. While so, we can discuss on wether or not doing such things or those other things.

Level 4
Well good news is that the first map is 4/5 finsihed only thing left is cinematics and quests. (I suck at both). And I'm also adding another part to the level which will end the campaign's storyline in Dalaran. And Rebel I will be editing the site about level 2 tonight and I'm gonna need you to make some terrain again kk?

Level 3
As cinematics and quests concern triggers, I'll be available to work and help you tomorrow if you wish. Send me a copy of your map with the instructions at my email, which you'll find at the end of the post.

I'd like to point out that school might take most of my time, so don't worry if I can't be there immidiately when you need me, I'll do it anyway one day.

[email protected]

Level 4
Well good news and some more good news. We have a modeller for the project he will try to make as many of the units as possible I believe. His name is DarklordAvalon. The more good news is Rebel is nearly done the terrain of level two and I'm sure that Neltharius is nearly done the quests and cinematics I sent him.

Level 4
I am very sorry to say that we may have lost all of what I have done on level one, because my comp crashed and I can't get it to work. I should be up and running again in about a week. Until then we should still keep the campaign alive. Rebel please finish level 2 soon and Neltharius I need an ability which allows a unit to be underground and move at the same time.

Level 3
Hm, that can easily be done. Just make a trigger that sets the unit's transparency to 100% and gives an ability which puts that same unit invisible, so as not for opponents to hurt it. Or, create another unit with 100% transparency and 0 collision size so that it can roam about certain boundaries you already set, and which will replace the entering unit.

Level 6
Terraining

I could help with the terraining if any is needed i have worked on previous maps including DoTA, War Of Warcarfts and others but don't ask me for anything but terraining.

Level 4
Ok when I get my good comp back on I'll comferm any more enlisting for the project. Otherwise if this setback ends up making a huge loss on the project it will be likely I will need more project assistants. If not then I appreciate your offers.

Level 5
Hi, i think i read somewhere in your forum thing you where making a skill to make a hero go underground and travel around. i found a map that has that spell in it. it's zinv's competing hero. i hope it was u guys that needed it. i can help with some triggers if u need it anytime

Level 4
Aftermath

After about two months of silence I have decided to bring this project back out of the dark. If there is anyone who would like to volunteer for the following please PM me.

1. Triggering for Quests, Cinematics and or Abilities. This person will require experience from other mapworks. (If you are still out there I would appreciate it Neltharius).
2. Advanced Terraining. I will create the outline of the campaign levels, this person will have to make scenery, trees and doodads/props.
3. Skinning/Modlelling. This person will not take a major role but will be a rewarded and credited person none-the-less.
4. Ideas. Anyone may give ideas and will be mentioned.

If anyone has indeed heard from RebelZuWu please contact me. If this campaign does restart I will keep regular updates on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.