• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

New campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
i am starting a new campaign, i have the basic storyline written up and i am looking for some people to help me finish it, i would like to find someone who is good at modeling and texturing because i am planing on using some custom models, also i need some help with AI. if any map makers want to help out that would be great to.

Level 2
Definitely improve the AI, as well as the defenses of the city- it took maybe 3minutes to quash any resistance, without losing a single unit. (Okay, granted, I ran in with plenty of knights and priests, ratioed 2:1, but still.) As well, change the win victory to not having to hunt down every last unit, but rather as destroying a majority of their forces as per norm; I spent more time trying to find one blasted peasant that ran off as I was killing them than I did taking out the base, which was rather annoying.

What was the point of the Nerubian forces there near the beginning? With a level cap of 2, there isn't much point for random battles. I'd put the random treasure as something taken from the defeated village instead(removes unneeded leveling targets plus gives a feeling of reward from taking out the bad guys).

I do, however, really like the footmen models(though their display image needs to be refocused on their face rather than the tops of the helmets)- did you make them yourself? *is interested in them*

Are there any other aspects that you are looking for aid in? I am not certain how much of the storyline you have, so I'm not certain if you need help in that region(as quest-making/storyline events are my specialty). I could provide suggestions with AI, but not having worked on one myself I couldn't really be a big help in that aspect other than as a tester.

Level 2
Ahh, thanks for telling me its origins, MM; much appreciated. :)

Angel- Did a quick test run through the game as-is...beat the map in under 8min. Some changes that I did(sorry, I didn't bring the map with me today; I'll upload it tomorrow)-

-Put a new region at the edge of town to tell the player about the bandits and give the quest then(as opposed to giving the quest at the fork in the road, as the first time I played this I didn't even get the quest until after I had killed the bandits.
-Removed the Nerubian forces from the map, and filled in the area with trees
-Narrowed the passage the road goes through to make it easier to trigger the church quest(otherwise you could go around it easily, as I did the first time)
-Turned the gate to the next area invulnerable(otherwise you could just walk around through that part of the map...again, something I did the first time around)
-Kept the enemies from drawing resources until *after* the church trigger(otherwise they would have a few minute's head start)
-Reduce the amount of peasants in the player's base to four(two for gold and two for wood, down from five each) as the resource gathering was too much(never ran out of money despite constant unit production)
-Reduce the player's resources to 200 each(down from 750 each)
-Removed I think two(I don't recall if it was one or two) farms from the player's base
-Added two Guard Towers at the front of the enemy base
-Turned on the Healing Aura on the enemy's church
-Gave the Hero a level 1(disabled experience gain) paladin with the paladin standard aura

Given proper AI object data(I ran into the aforementioned problem of being unable to do any proper AIing because of it), this is the some of the ideas I had-

-Builds units until there are nine(9) swordsmen and five(5) priests
-Sends four(4) swordsmen and two(2) priests to the enemy base once the above are completed, with every other assault being accompanied by the hero.
-When assaulted, have the base produce only swordsmen until there are no more enemies

Level 14
Hey , so I tested your campaign. I will just say that if you really want to do something good , try and play the wc3 roc and wc3 tft campaings again. I am refering to the terrain , and the words they use. . .I dont know how to say this , its a bit . . .I dont know. . .I just didnt like when your hero answered "Ok , Thanks" (and other things) sounds to. . .2007 , you know what I mean. (If u want just tell me what u wanna say and I can help you with the Texts , just send me a e-mail and a deadline , though I might mis the deadline by few days).
Also at the end the archmage sayd like 3 things one after another , instead you could have made a longer phrase.
You also have a bug at the cinematic, when the pedestal shatters , some cristal fragments remain in mid air. . .I suggest you remove the pedestal from the peak of the landscape . . .or make the landscape more wide.
Hero-No Skills ?
Models look fine ,but i also suggest a better model for the "footman" just look for the model / skin named Holy Zealot here on The Hive.
Oh wait, found some nice skins wich I think you could use although the holy priest kinda sux
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/skins/326/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/skins/614/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/skins/230/
Redo the terrain its to flat, and add some small rocks, small plants, like I sayd check the campaigns ;).
I know this is just a demo and thats why I am picking on every aspect of the map :D.
Anyway Good Luck, the first step is done, the step that u want to make a campaign :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.