• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

New RPG: Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Here's what I've done so far;

- Plan of map
- Naming of locations
- First section of main plot
- Magic system (this is unlike anything on WC3 yet)
- Equipment system (again with the origionality)
- All ~50 hero skills, each with 20 levels

Here's what I'm planning on doing, but don't need help;

- 7 races to choose from
- 12 star signs (like in Morrowind)

That (assuming that there's 50 skills and any hero may have 4 skills at any time) gives 525,000,000 different hero combinations.

Here's what I need;

- Someone to make the terrain. I can make terrain, and would say that I'm an above average terrainer, triggers, planning and generally thinking are my domain.
- Models. I can't even start to make models. Although this is set in the Warcraft universe, there's simply not models available for what I need, which is;
- Human (M/F)
- High Elf (M/F)
- Night Elf (M)
- Orc (F)
- Troll (M/F)
- Undead (F)
- Dwarf (M/F)

(M = Male, F = Female. Complicated, I know ^^)

Each race needs a male and a female variant with a sword swipe animation (preferably the Blademaster's animation) and at least 1 casting animation.

Preferably, the models should use textures contained within WC3, not external files, tho I doubt you'd need any anyway, and a file size below 70kb.

Afterword

I plan for this RPG to be like Warcraft meets Morrowind, but utilising Warcraft's stratergy capabilities to full extent by allowing the creation of towns, strongholds or hideouts.

Depending on the level of complexity of your chosen settlement, your hero will be bolstered.

For example, if you choose a hideout, your starsign will have triple effect. Say if your starsign is First Frost (November) which as a base amount increases your movement speed by 15%, then this value will be tripled to 45%.

I do have plans to add a save/load system, but this will only save your units killed, units lost, hero deaths and hero kills.

From this, a percentage value will be calculated for each and both a skill level and experiance level will be assigned to you. Higher skill/experiance levels will be required for some quests, and ofcourse, to show off.

So, for example, if you have killed 1000 units, but have lost 1500 doing so, you will recieve a low skill level. However, because this clearly took you some time, you will gain a few experiance levels (not to be confused with hero levels).

Get it?

Anyway, anyone interested?

Rapture

Status
Not open for further replies.