• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

New Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
It's been a few days already but I figured I should tell you about it.

We have more or less succesfully moved the site to a new server. It doesn't run as well as I thought it would but we are working on it.

We still have a problem with some error 500 now and then.

The site is now located in Los Angeles and should be faster for our American crowd.

I hope it runs better for you guys.

Ralle

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Yes but Ralle isnt doing something specific that Wolverabid would do..
And he will be missed..

well... Yesterday it was laggy, but today I don't notice anything. Who is the best admin in the world? RALLE! :thumbs_up:
Aw it will get better for American users? What about non-American users :(
Yeah. Well it wasn't actually the reason we moved but the majority of the userbase is there. So the majority is happy. I know it sucks.
yeh, yesterday i almost punched my computer
now i know that wast's it's fault...
poor computer =/

the site was really slow here and that damn error was appearing almost all the time.
but it's better now, back to common speed :thumbs_up:
Poor computer. It's never the computer's fault if you can load google.com ;)

Level 6
Ahh, that explains. I've hit the error 500 thing once, and I just thought the site was down for maintenance. Nothing too frustrating, except that I was looking for a specific model I found before.

Turns out, it wasn't even on this site to begin with. Then I thought it was on wc3sear.ch, which of course is gone. Turns out, it was on wc3campaigns, which is also unavailable. Found the files I was looking for though, after digging through my computer for about an hour.

Anyways, glad things are running smooth again. At least for now.

Edit: I'm also noticing the faster speeds. niice... :]

Level 7
This explains the massive differences in speed for downloading and loading in general, thanks! next time try to find something thats in the CENTER OF THE WORLD, not advantaged to one country >.>

Level 6
Hmm, not sure if this has to do with new server, but (very) recently, I'll go to pages and (occasionally) people's avatars, and icons are not displayed. Selectively, meaning some will show while others give me a link with something like "Tleno's Avatar" for example. (I'm also in America.)
Is it just me?

EDIT:

Untitled7.jpg

Hmm, not sure if this has to do with new server, but (very) recently, I'll go to pages and (occasionally) people's avatars, and icons are not displayed. Selectively, meaning some will show while others give me a link with something like "Tleno's Avatar" for example. (I'm also in America.)
Is it just me?

EDIT:

Untitled7.jpg

Yeah that just means the image didn't load.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

96% packet loss? Wow.

Level 6
Very nice, the site is working much faster for the South-American crowd too! Thanks a lot.
Oh, and btw, about the 500 errors, they come up here and then but not something to worry about in my case. Cheers!

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Initially, it was just to point out how much of a difference this makes for us (Europe users). It's pretty useless now though, I guess. We all know this new server crap is messed up, but I guess something is being done to fix it or I assume the server would've been moved back to Denmark already.

Status
Not open for further replies.