• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Newgen ONCE AND FOR ALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Where do I download the latest version of Newgen? What is jasshelper? And do I need an "old" version of WE to make it work? And how do I get that? I'm searching and searching but getting more and more crazy for every minute.. I've been out of this modding community for 1-2 years now and it's all just a big fucking jungle. Why is there no tutorial on "How-to-get-started"?

I even have 24 A4 papers describing my latest game and climbing on my fucking walls(already dragged off all my hair) in frustration.

If someone would be so kind to just break it down for me.. (And for the hundreds of others that needs to go threw 20 quests just to get the optimal editing tools).

kind regards, Lord Mortai

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 14
Where do I download the latest version of Newgen? What is jasshelper? And do I need an "old" version of WE to make it work? And how do I get that? I'm searching and searching but getting more and more crazy for every minute.. I've been out of this modding community for 1-2 years now and it's all just a big fucking jungle. Why is there no tutorial on "How-to-get-started"?

I even have 24 A4 papers describing my latest game and climbing on my fucking walls(already dragged off all my hair) in frustration.

If someone would be so kind to just break it down for me.. (And for the hundreds of others that needs to go threw 20 quests just to get the optimal editing tools).

kind regards, Lord Mortai

Eerm do you perhaps mean this?
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...456/how-download-install-confige-jngp-160547/

Here is the link for the correct Jasshelper by vexorian: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=88142
And here is the correct JassNewGenPack: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=90999

Just follow the "How-the-fuck-to-get-started" tutorial by anachron

Level 2
Come on people.. someone help me out. I can not make my shit in ordinary WE and it's a complete mess trying to figure something out here. Some say you should use TFT 1.21 and the newgen ive found is for 1.23b.. but what version is it now? 1.24x?

Level 14
@Lord Motai,

LoL thank you for making me laugh XD. Hashjie, link you on a working version. If you can't make it work, you didn't install it right.

Yes, he probably has a firewall blocking wehack.lua ;)

(turn your firewall off, download the files extract them and double click newgen.exe) Now look at what happens :O!

Level 2
When I try to start it now it says a WE is already running.. ?

well I'll take a look at the troubleshooting..

thanks all

"An instance of World editor seens to be running already"

God I'm fucking dying here.. been abroad without computer for months preparing for this and now I don't even dare to start doing anything being afraid I have to redo everything.. :/

Changed computer and got it to work, start at least. But how the hell do I make a new map exceeding the normal 256 size?

Got it.

lol

Level 14
An instance of World editor seens to be running already"

As the error tells you there is already a worldeditor121.exe running. Open up your task manager, go to processes and exterminate the process before opening newgen.exe

Changed computer and got it to work, start at least. But how the hell do I make a new map exceeding the normal 256 size?

Got it.

lol

Lol you didn't nessecarely have to buy a new computer in order to make it work, but it's nice to see that you've got it fixed. Good job :goblin_good_job:
I wish you good luck in mapmaking.

Level 2
As the error tells you there is already a worldeditor121.exe running. Open up your task manager, go to processes and exterminate the process before opening newgen.exe

Lol you didn't nessecarely have to buy a new computer in order to make it work, but it's nice to see that you've got it fixed. Good job :goblin_good_job:
I wish you good luck in mapmaking.

Checked the task manager but showed nothing.. have no idea what the problem was but as said, got it fixed :) Did not BUY a new computer ofcourse! :p

And alright, no more F'ing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.