• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Northmen Unit Pack

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
"From the frozen land to the far north, humans fight an endless conflict with the dark. With few months of daylight, this battle seems a futile one. But against these odds, there thrives a culture of powerful men and women one that will see the dawn break once more"

A simple collection of axe-wielding units for my campaign. Contains the Yarl hero model, the Stormbjorn model with and without hero glow and the axe-wielding warrior unit model.

Yarl: Duel wielding axe warrior has 2 extra animations a secondary attack and a VERY janky sleep animation I use for cinematic purposes.

Stormbjorn Captain: A simple edit of the Stormbjorn uses jailor Kassan head and matches the icon very well. Wields a giant poleaxe. - Comes with and without hero glow but no decay animation. If someone knows how to using Retera's model studio please DM me and I will update.

Stormbjorn: Simple elite unit wielding a large pole-axe again, fits nicely with the captain model. - Comes with and without hero glow but no decay animation. Again if someone DM's me I will update.

Warrior: Simple axe-wielding basic melee unit nothing special
Previews
Contents

Storbjorn Captain - No Glow Portrait (Model)

Storbjorn Captain - Portrait (Model)

Stormbjorn (Model)

Stormbjorn - No Glow (Model)

Stormbjorn - No Glow Portrait (Model)

Stormbjorn - Portrait (Model)

Stormbjorn Captain (Model)

Stormbjorn Captain - No Glow (Model)

Warrior (Model)

Yarl (Model)

Yarl - Portrait (Model)

Pretty good models!

Careful with the warrior's decay animations, though. Set the geosets visibility of the imported geosets to be the same as geoset 1 (in edit/delete model components, if you are using RMS). Otherwise they do weird stuff.

Also, you seem to have forgotten to upload the warrior's portrait.:peasant-thinking:

BTW, to reduce filesize, you can (well, should) safely remove the geosets that have the LOD suffix.
miaj.jpg

Lastly, a tip from a fellow modeller: you can delete skeletons and guts from the portrait, as well as most vertices if they don't show up in the portrait. I refrain from touching the nodes, since the FaceFX may do weird stuff.

Level 15
This is amazing!

Please make more Viking Models (Vrykul Race from WoW)

How about Orc Shaman vrykul version hero? This could be the Ulfhednar

Bear version of the wolf on top would be the berserker

Or horned helmeted warrior mobs would be fascinating

1000/10 for the Northmen Idea or Vrykul race, they are so rare to see and I love the idea of having them in reforged

Level 18
Hey there :)

Thanks for this addition to the human roster, it's definitely adding more variety to it.

Though, aside from the third screenshot, I think they don't look enough like "northeners" to me (I have tried them ingame).

But it's a good work nonetheless!

Level 15
Hey there :)

Thanks for this addition to the human roster, it's definitely adding more variety to it.

Though, aside from the third screenshot, I think they don't look enough like "northeners" to me (I have tried them ingame).

But it's a good work nonetheless!

I agree with you I feel like the 3rd one is very fitting, 2nd one can hit it too, but the rest feel pretty Saxon like soldiers
I still wish people would make more of Vrykul / Viking race, it's such a cool race to revive from WoW in the game

I agree with you I feel like the 3rd one is very fitting, 2nd one can hit it too, but the rest feel pretty Saxon like soldiers
I still wish people would make more of Vrykul / Viking race, it's such a cool race to revive from WoW in the game
I'm currently doing a Vrykul, if it works, I'll do several.

Level 15
I'm currently doing a Vrykul, if it works, I'll do several.

I would love that way so much!

Please let me give you some ideas of warriors/heros from about them and you can do them whenever even if you start in years I will still be happy about it :)

Heros:
1. Horned helmet and heavy greatsword (Highlander)
2. Shaman version of orc, with a spear on the regular hand and the fur of the wolf can remain white or be black or brown any can work (Ulfhednar)
3. Covered with either white, brown or black bear fur and wielding 2 axes (Berserker)
4. Any ranged hero can work, either a pyromancer, frostmancer or any spellcasting mage

For warriors you do whatever you like :D I am sure every unit will be awesome

I would love that way so much!

Please let me give you some ideas of warriors/heros from about them and you can do them whenever even if you start in years I will still be happy about it :)

Heros:
1. Horned helmet and heavy greatsword (Highlander)
2. Shaman version of orc, with a spear on the regular hand and the fur of the wolf can remain white or be black or brown any can work (Ulfhednar)
3. Covered with either white, brown or black bear fur and wielding 2 axes (Berserker)
4. Any ranged hero can work, either a pyromancer, frostmancer or any spellcasting mage

For warriors you do whatever you like :D I am sure every unit will be awesome
vrykul.png
This is the basic mesh. From that, I'll edit the texture, remove and add geosets to create several different units. I already have the animations for a dual wielding berserker, and a 2H vrykul is also viable with Arthas' animations (already checked).

Level 15
vrykul.png
This is the basic mesh. From that, I'll edit the texture, remove and add geosets to create several different units. I already have the animations for a dual wielding berserker, and a 2H vrykul is also viable with Arthas' animations (already checked).

Wow! If you add bear skin / fur covering his back and a bear head on his helmet, with a hero glow that will be the most badass hero berserker in game

I really like this already I have exciting hopes to see anything next

Level 1
[剧透]
vrykul.png
[/剧透]
这是基本的网格。从那开始,我将编辑纹理、删除和添加 geoset 以创建几个不同的单位。我已经有了双持狂战士的动画,而 2H vrykul 也适用于 Arthas 的动画(已经检查过)。
Maybe you can make a captain hero with a big hammer? Be a free warrior and travel around the world.